Andreas on June 12, 2012, 02:32:40 pm
I have taken to using the url forum.bigheadpress.com to circumvent the bigheadpress.com main page.
It always throws my browser into a long hang, with no on-screen buttons giving a reaction until about half a minute has passed.
ActualIy, I can still use the browser buttons, so it's not really the browser hanging per se, but rather that it seems to be running some scripts that take forever.
Have others experienced similar?

myrkul999 on June 12, 2012, 03:47:39 pm
I didn't. It's possible one of the ads in the rotation had a script that caused that, or it might be something in between you and the server.

macsnafu on June 12, 2012, 03:53:42 pm
I usually go straight to the QV strip (auto-complete in Firefox), then click over to EFT, and then to the forum.  I don't go to the BHP main page very often.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

wdg3rd on June 12, 2012, 10:11:06 pm
I usually go straight to the QV strip (auto-complete in Firefox), then click over to EFT, and then to the forum.  I don't go to the BHP main page very often.

The BHP main page is a constant tab when I start up Firefox at home or work.  Then I refresh it, because the start up always loads from cache.  I want to see if there's fresh news.  Frex, I really wanted to go to the Denver event this weekend, but no way I could get there surface transport.  (I'm on the no-fly list, I have opinions known to those who make the list due to my lack of concealing my identity when I post or publish them).  And if I did, I couldn't get back east and up to Porcfest.  I have to set priorities.  And the plan is to toss Lisa's ashes from one of the Kangamagus Highway overlooks, she loved the view of the Presidential Range.  Maybe this trip, maybe after I move up.  She's going with me.  I'll probably take her father as well, though I suspect he'd rather be scattered where he had to be swept up by the janitor of a Hamburg whorehouse (the stories he told from his OSS days for a couple years after WWII were incredible).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Andreas on June 13, 2012, 01:23:49 pm
Wow! That's the equivalent of knighthood, isn't it?
"For steadfastly expressing opinions flying in the face of this shadow administration, I hereby bestow upon you, a flying ban - never again shall TSA personnel grope your privates in public".