Bob G on June 03, 2012, 07:51:57 am
Just how many 'Glow' colors are there, and where could I find a list?

As I figured, the 'big seven' (ROYGBIV) were covered. Then when I called for Aqua, Chartreuse, and Teal they came out as well.

Color me impressed.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

wdg3rd on June 03, 2012, 11:26:17 am
Those educationally special colors you asked about?  Color me nauseated.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

myrkul999 on June 03, 2012, 12:50:24 pm
I can't guarantee that all 147 of these colors will work, but there is a list of the HTML-defined colors here:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

You could also use the hex code number for the specific color, if you don't see something there you like. I just confirmed that the glow tag does accept hex values as color arguments. Just remember to write them correctly (#00FFFF for Agua) and you'll be fine.

For your convenience, the 16 basic color names are: aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow.

(Note: I also tested the glow tag with BlueViolet and that worked, so it is logical to assume the other 146 will work.)

wdg3rd on June 03, 2012, 06:17:25 pm
I'm sitting on my porch looking at about a thousand colors and the only thing I can call 90% of them is green.

After I move from New Jersey to New Hampshire the ratio will change.  More shades of green, less shades of crap.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Bob G on June 04, 2012, 07:58:53 pm
Thanks for the help, fellas.

147 colors - one for every character in a tweet + a few extra.
I shudder at the possibilities.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Tucci78 on September 17, 2012, 02:32:36 pm
When the "quote" function is used in replies, on my wheezing old computer the hotlinks come out white against a very light blue background, and are a pain in the ass to read.

So I started using the "glow" overlay for implanted links, switching from the default color (red) to the darkest blue I could think of (navy) in order to give such links the contrast needed to maximize visibility.

Honestly, I can't think of any other valid reason to use the "glow" function.
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)