Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDS  (Read 7392 times)
SandySandfort
Friendlies

Check out: smashwords.com/ books/view/14227

Email
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:13:51 am »

Did you ever notice that the posts by the Forum's trolls get more frequent, longer and more inflammatory toward the end of the month? My guess is that they are on medical welfare and have run out of government meds intended to calm them down.  Grin
macsnafu

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:17:39 am »

Did you ever notice that the posts by the Forum's trolls get more frequent, longer and more inflammatory toward the end of the month? My guess is that they are on medical welfare and have run out of government meds intended to calm them down.  Grin

Ha!  That's an interesting observation and conclusion.

I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.
sam

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:34 am »

You are insufficiently paranoid.

I think they are employees of quasi state institutions, such as ngos, government unions, and so forth, and have a monthly quota of propaganda to post.

In support of this theory, I point out they never deviate from official doctrine.  If they were trolls seeking to get a rise out of people they would sometimes say things that are not only controversial among anarcho capitalist, but also controversial in academia or among government employees.
Andreas

per infinitesimus ad omnia

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21:16 am »

I think you meant to say "we", rather than "they", Sam.

Sandy, have you lined this tendency up with the phases of the moon? There could be more natural explanations Grin
mellyrn

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:04 am »

I think they are employees of quasi state institutions, such as ngos, government unions, and so forth, and have a monthly quota of propaganda to post.

And the military; I recall reading of a military program involving hanging out on forums for exactly that.

I think you meant to say "we", rather than "they", Sam.

But sam does say conventionally-controversial things.  In fact, I'm kinda hard-pressed to think of any of sam's opinions that are mainstream.
Andreas

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:59:06 am »

I am thinking some kind of anti-sex-ed lobby, lobbies are quasi-state ngos too.
mellyrn

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:23 pm »

I can see that.  On that point, I'd just been thinking he'd read John Norman at too young an age or something.
sam

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

But sam does say conventionally-controversial things.  In fact, I'm kinda hard-pressed to think of any of sam's opinions that are mainstream.

Rather, they are mainstream thoughts that no one in the mainstream will admit to having.
Andreas

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:45 pm »

Ah, sam is "monsters of the id". Where is the young Leslie when we need him, huh?
sam

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:25 am »

Rather, they are mainstream thoughts that no one in the mainstream will admit to having.

Ah, sam is "monsters of the id".

No, I am the unspeakable truth, what everyone knows and no one can say:  Every Harvard professor with children spends a fortune to protect his children from "diversity" when they go to school.  Similarly, the emancipation of women, wherein grown women are no longer treated as children in relation to their parents or husband, has been accompanied by laws wherein they are treated as children in relation to the state.  Australian government housing for full blooded Australian aboriginals, designed by pious leftists, has a thinly disguised resemblance to zoo housing for apes.  The Australian movement for aboriginal rights is operated and largely composed of white people, implausibly claiming to be aboriginals, some of whom designed and help build that housing.

Dalrock does a wondeful fisking of a mainstream article which inadvertently reveals what the purportedly politically correct really think about the difference between men and women http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/special-needs-employees/ which is a lot less politically correct than John Norman admitted to being.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:57:48 am by sam » Logged
Andreas

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 01:49:15 am »

Any time you're ready, Leslie  Cheesy Grin
myrkul999

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 01:59:59 am »

So... You're just saying the things that all the statists believe, refuse to admit, but act on anyway?
Azure Priest

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:30:47 am »

Or they could simply be welfare recipients who have used up their EBT cash cards and can't buy their "medical" drugs on street corners anymore. You never know.
Tucci78

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »

Did you ever notice that the posts by the Forum's trolls get more frequent, longer and more inflammatory toward the end of the month? My guess is that they are on medical welfare and have run out of government meds intended to calm them down.

Or they could simply be welfare recipients who have used up their EBT cash cards and can't buy their "medical" drugs on street corners anymore. You never know.

It's long been an accepted (but seldom discussed) appreciation in psychiatry that "recreational" psychoactive substances abuse among patient populations with major thought disorders - schizophrenia in particular - is undertaken in efforts at "self-medication" to abate the positive and negative symptoms of such pathology.

It's why street drug use (and the diversion of prescription medications) is a helluva hot issue among clinicians responsible for the medical management of such patients.  Bear in mind that such major thought disorders tend rather reliably to manifest during the late second decade of life (the teenage years) and the third decade (with the "twenty-somethings"), both periods rife with exposure to the drug culture. 

If these young people are habituated to street drugs before they're gotten onto effective regimens of neuroleptic meds, it's hard as hell to keep them stable and functional, as they refuse their milder, less "exciting" antipsychotic drugs to get the whoopee! secondary effects of amphetamines, cocaine, opioid agonists, and the rest of that goddam crap.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:59:03 pm by Tucci78 » Logged

"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)
Andreas

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:51 pm »

Also, the medical drugs have medical side-effects; it's like there's a tasting comission out there, saying "No, this one is too fun, it can't be medicine : BANNED"  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

anything