Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Errata  (Read 14609 times)
NeitherRuleNorBeRuled

« on: April 20, 2012, 09:37:31 am »

There is an error in the speech bubbles in strip 346; the third panel should have both speech bubbles coming from Nicole.

[Note: I used the plural in the subject in anticipation of this thread being used for any future errata.]
Scott
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »

Not really necessary -- when I screw up like that my e-mail in-box fills up with readers alerting me.

I've been having a continual problem with errors in lettering and balloons -- it's because I usually do these late at night, when I'm too tired to draw. I try to check for errors but between QV and Escape From Terra, I usually get a notice of a misspelling or balloon error twice a week. I need to do something about this, but I'm not sure what.

Andreas

per infinitesimus ad omnia

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 01:05:18 pm »

I guess the traditional solution for this problem is the second pair of eyes... or a time machine.
Psiberkiwi

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:55:18 pm »

Repost the image after making alterations, or is that likely to be too time-intensive?

(I know of at least one other web-strip that does this, but then they only post once-weekly so have more time for such make-work.)

"I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
Scott
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:10 am »

I usually make corrections and re-post the image. But it's annoying and a bit embarrassing.

Used to be, I had a buffer and Frank would spot the errors and I'd correct them before they got posted (in which case the problem was merely annoying). I have no buffer now, so I have to either find a way to restore it or find another solution.

MirrorField

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:59 am »

There's an error in strip 362.

Agent Stone's zringer is missing in panel 7 and probably should be visible at panels 6 and 8 (though these are quite marginal cases).
Andreas

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

Would an occasional writer-produced fact sheet filler be an acceptable way to rebuffer?
It all comes down to style, of course, but the occasional fact sheet can also help storytelling, because sometimes the background information is hard to act out with the characters speaking it, without making them deviate from character with all the preaching they have to do... so it's really up to you guys' preference, I think readers will be ok with it.

Of course, the last time I suggested this for a webcomic they then went on to produce 50 pages of text filler in one go... so now it's a serialized novel instead of a webcomic. Please don't go that way Grin

Edit: Just realized that maybe that works best with a writer+artist team...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:30:42 pm by Andreas » Logged
Corydon

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 07:11:12 am »

In today's comic (382), the term is of course "habeas corpus".  (The same misspelling occurred a few strips back, but at the time I chalked it up to LunarLOLcat dialect.)
Scott
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:24:11 am »

Fixed.

Andreas

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

Tusday 19th : second frame : "it least" where "at least" is expected.
Apollo-Soyuz

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »

Not really necessary -- when I screw up like that my e-mail in-box fills up with readers alerting me.

http://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=251 (also 215, 3rd, probably others will turn up.)

An oldie, probably dates from before Dr. Sharkisian's gender was nailed down. You could probably call it a continuity error.

Hope you don't mind. I hear the first editions of Ringworld, with errors, are quite collectible.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:07:23 pm by Apollo-Soyuz » Logged
Andreas

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:19 am »

In today's page: Enviornment suit
Lurking Critter

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:09 am »

Looks like Buford's forehead decoration thingamabob is missing in the last panel.
RobbinR

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »

Hey guys, Scott has enough on his mind right now, be glad he's updating the strip
and try not to bother him with minutiae.

Thank you.

Robbin

/
Andreas

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 03:23:28 am »

Pretty sure Scott knows better than to take errata suggestions as personal criticism.  Grin

People overlook stuff, and mostly they're happy to get the mistakes fixed before the stuff is at the printer's.
Many free webcomics are like beta versions of software, good way to get from 99% to 100%.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: