Who has, or has read, 'TPB' ?

Yes, I have read it.
I'm reading it.
well...I have it!
Haven't read it.
Jake B. on May 03, 2006, 11:30:48 pm
So, I noticed there were no posts under TPB or DWC. So I decided to make this poll. Who has read it?  ???
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Jen Zach on May 04, 2006, 12:55:00 pm
I read it- I think Captain Forsyth is my favorite.

Btw, hi, I'm the colorist for Roswell, Texas.

Frank Bieser on May 05, 2006, 05:01:50 pm
An excellent novel and graphic novel (if I do say so myself).

Zen Redneck on May 12, 2006, 04:58:50 pm
You bet I've read it.  Read it when it first came out.  Bought 50 copies to hand out to people.  That's the novel, and most certainly I've read the graphic novel.  BTW, I'm the one who helped with writing Roswell, Texas.  Mostly, I did the research and wrote the timeline, tho, as Neil says, at this point it's hard to remember who had what idea first.

As Neil has said, PB is responsible for reviving the AltHist genre, paving the way for a whole lot of it these days.  But I have to add that it's also reponsible for the genre which you might call Raymond Chandler meets Lewis Carroll.

pyle o trash on May 13, 2006, 06:44:36 am
ive read things but i think the quistein is not who has read it but what is it and why do you need to know who read it  and i have a question for you have you read that

Jake B. on May 21, 2006, 01:27:11 am
Ok, yes I have read the probability Broach, 2nd, please read what I already posted. But beyond that, I really can't make any sence of your post. ::)
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

freeagentc on June 27, 2006, 10:11:08 pm
So, I noticed there were no posts under TPB or DWC. So I decided to make this poll. Who has read it?  ???

Well, I've kinda read it. Up to Page 42 via the online sample version. I've warmed up to Win Bear, because he has that Joe Friday/Philip Marlowe feel to him. But after those first 42 pages, I need to know how this graphic novel ends. And, I know that there's only one way to do that... ;)

Frank Bieser on June 29, 2006, 10:52:53 am
Well, I've kinda read it. Up to Page 42 via the online sample version. I've warmed up to Win Bear, because he has that Joe Friday/Philip Marlowe feel to him. But after those first 42 pages, I need to know how this graphic novel ends. And, I know that there's only one way to do that... ;)
And you can.  The book is available from several sources online.  If you don't like shopping online, and you don't see a copy at your favorite book store, be sure to tell them they need to stock it.

John DeWitt on August 04, 2006, 01:00:52 pm
Betcherass I've read it.  Read the novel back in (mumblemumble)don't remember.  I think it was late seventies, but I don't remember the original publish date.  Bought it off a drugstore shelf in Texas.  Cover with a gorilla banging a podium with the butt of a handgun kinda caught my eye.

Bought the GN as soon as it became available.  Daughter hates it; need a new daughter.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:02:42 pm by John DeWitt »

winbearIII on August 12, 2006, 01:32:00 pm
I think that both the booka dn the gn should be read...personally I like all the smith books I can get my hands o...they're a great read

Scott on August 22, 2006, 11:49:48 am
The "gorilla cover" prose book was the first edition, published in December 1979 (although most stores didn't get it until early 1980). It's something of a collectors' item now among Smithophiles, although I can't tell you what that means in terms of resale value.

wdg3rd on August 22, 2006, 02:55:26 pm
The "gorilla cover" prose book was the first edition, published in December 1979 (although most stores didn't get it until early 1980). It's something of a collectors' item now among Smithophiles, although I can't tell you what that means in terms of resale value.

Nothing, in the case of my copy -- not only am I uninterested in selling it, it's beat to hell from many years and many rereadings.  My new copy isn't holding its condition too well either.

I've got two copies of the graphic novel.  One for reading, and one in a ziploc bag that I'll take with me next time I find my way west to Colorado and Wyoming.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 02:58:28 pm by wdg3rd »
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

winbearIII on August 26, 2006, 08:48:22 am
jake,  if you haven't read it then you don't understand LNS and what he is writing about...his one major them and i agree with it get the !@%$#$@%&$%&^( government out of the picture and lead your own life...things will go a lot better when they are out of the picture.... ::)

winbearIII on August 26, 2006, 08:53:14 am
everytime I do read it I get more out of it...I've probably read tpb about 6-10 times...to me it's a great read and you can get lost in it waiting for the reaq broach to appear---my dreams...

Jake B. on September 01, 2006, 07:30:20 pm
jake,  if you haven't read it then you don't understand LNS and what he is writing about...his one major them and i agree with it get the !@%$#$@%&$%&^( government out of the picture and lead your own life...things will go a lot better when they are out of the picture.... ::)

Ummm...I never said I haven't read it first off, second, Whats with the flaming man? I just made a poll... Oh, and I'm an anarchist, please don't tell me to get the fed outta my life. Seriously, just look at my signature!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:35:51 pm by Jake »

anything