macsnafu on July 13, 2012, 10:41:43 am
Le Blue Dude, If you know some libertarians, then you've probably already heard many of our arguments, but just in case...

The thing about corporations is that they are a privileged type of organization created by government, not by the marketplace.  It's debatable whether or not corps or something like them could exist in a free market, but without government, they wouldn't have any special privileges or advantages over other types of business even if they did exist.

More importantly is the current "crony capitalist" setup, and the incestuous relationship between government and corporations.  For one thing, how much of the bad stuff that corps do is actually against the law?  Not too much, really.  But it's not just a matter of government being incompetent or turning a blind eye to corporate activities as it is that government, as a power structure, is more greatly influenced and corrupted by corporations than by its citizens.  And government is not really likely to do a better job at regulating corps because of that.  In short, much of the corporate power and privilege comes from government itself, and corporations would be less powerful without government to back them up, not more powerful.  Without government, corporations can only stay in business the same way any business does, by attracting and keeping customers.  No customers, no business.

I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

ShadoCat on July 29, 2012, 08:32:33 pm
Have you figured out a hosting situation?  A search of the forum didn't find anything on that topic.

I have an account that should be able to handle the comic. 

You can reply here or you can reach me at [handle] + 2 at google's email (obfuscated for spambots).

-- Jeff Miller
Jeff Miller

SandySandfort on July 29, 2012, 09:48:32 pm
Have you figured out a hosting situation?  A search of the forum didn't find anything on that topic.

I have an account that should be able to handle the comic. 

You can reply here or you can reach me at [handle] + 2 at google's email (obfuscated for spambots).

-- Jeff Miller

Hi Jeff,

The problem isn't really the hosting, though we appreciate the offer. The problem is cash flow. The EFT needs to have a way to generate income from our work. We are pursuing a couple of ideas and will report to everyone on our mailing list. So interested readers should send me an email asking to be added to our notification list. My email address is:

sandy@sandfort.biz

Thanks for your offer.

lee on June 14, 2016, 01:28:36 pm
Lee Oaks here, artist from Escape from Terra.  I'm doing a KickStarter for my creator owned book, THUNDER MONKEY.  If you could help me by spreading the word, that would be fantastic!  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1629292990/thunder-monkey
The project is live until July 1st 2016.

Thanks, it would be a great help.

Lee

anything