Frank Bieser on September 27, 2006, 08:47:17 am
Today marks the final installment of "The Architect".  I think you're going to love the ending.  Check it out!   We've also begun the process of printing this bad boy.  Be sure to check back here regularly for announcements on when and where the printed version will be available.

Thanks Mike for a wonderful story.  And thanks Andie for some fantastic art.  As the kid's say, you are "da bomb".

John DeWitt on September 27, 2006, 11:39:02 am
That is wild!  Very ironic.

Bravo!

John DeWitt on September 28, 2006, 03:15:46 pm
How curious.  I would have expected people would have wanted to comment on this, the first conclusion of the three.

Personally, The Architect was my second favorite, based mostly on the artwork which is outstanding.  The storyline was thin, but odd and actiony enough to stay interesting.  I enjoyed it very much.  Thanks to all involved!

Jake B. on September 28, 2006, 08:29:56 pm
I think I speak for every one who worked on it when I say, Thank you readers! I'm Also very happy its done!  ;D
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Frank Bieser on September 28, 2006, 10:37:48 pm
I think I speak for every one who worked on it when I say, Thank you readers! I'm Also very happy its done!  ;D

Yep, It's a family afair.  There's more Biesers involved in this than you can shake a stick at.  For those who are curious, Jake helped out by lettering the last 10 pages of the story.  He's also now helping out lettering some of the pages for Roswell, Texas.  Gracias mi hijo.

andie on October 01, 2006, 01:56:30 am
wowee. i can't believe it's over. done. completo! damn, looking back, what a trip. thanks everyone for sticking in there. thanks mike b. thanks bieser brothers ala big head press. thanks mike k. thanks jake b. thanks one and all! BWAAH!
andie tong
::imagine::visualise::create
deemon productions::blog::chimaera studios::

Frank Bieser on October 01, 2006, 09:51:56 am
wowee. i can't believe it's over. done. completo! damn, looking back, what a trip. thanks everyone for sticking in there. thanks mike b. thanks bieser brothers ala big head press. thanks mike k. thanks jake b. thanks one and all! BWAAH!

And thanks for the wonderful art you created Andie.  But just so nobody gets confused, only round one is over.  The story will stay online, continuing to grow it's audience.  And then there will be the trade paperback.  And if we're really good, Gil and Thea dolls. A Smith doll that, after you add water, grows into a giant mushroom would be pretty cool.  :-)

Frank Bieser on October 01, 2006, 09:53:24 am
[A Smith doll that, after you add water, grows into a giant mushroom would be pretty cool.  :-)

And a baby doll with "finger flipping action".   ;D

comicartist on October 01, 2006, 12:33:22 pm
i want a Smith doll, with a mushroom farm playset
42!

Jake B. on October 01, 2006, 05:45:53 pm
Smith Chias. Cha-cha-cha-chia!
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

jbhangoo on January 02, 2007, 10:50:54 am
I just joined this forum and am happy to have access to this material.

Thanks for producing this.  The artwork is definitely the high point.  I agree with the previous comment that the writing is not the strength, but is good enough when coupled with the artwork.

My only real concern was the awkward product placement (as in "Let's go to Starbucks to discuss this.").  I thought it distracted from the story for no plot advantage.  I was wondering what the company had to do with all this, but they never came up again later.

Just offering my thoughts.  Thanks again for some very fine work.

Frank Bieser on January 08, 2007, 01:22:55 pm
Thanks for producing this.  The artwork is definitely the high point.  I agree with the previous comment that the writing is not the strength, but is good enough when coupled with the artwork.

I rather liked the flow of the narrative and the dialog.  No money exchanged hands for the starbuck's reference.  Not sure why you think it being mentioned is weak somehow.  Gil could have said, "Let's go to the coffee shop", but folks don't normally speak that way.  Most folks will use the name of the shop in such an instance, and Starbuck's is a well recognized name, so the reader knows Gil wants to talk more over coffee.

I do agree with you regarding Andie's art.  He is a superb artist, and I think he has the chops to go far.

comicartist on January 10, 2007, 05:11:58 pm
I didnt get my Smith doll, for Christmas, but my birthday is still ahead. Any plans/word on a TPB?
42!

Frank Bieser on January 10, 2007, 06:45:41 pm
I didnt get my Smith doll, for Christmas, but my birthday is still ahead. Any plans/word on a TPB?

Things are in process as we speak.  I hope to announce a date soon.

wdg3rd on January 10, 2007, 09:44:28 pm

Word on a TPB _what_?  Beanie Babies shaped like Ooloorie, Olongo and Forsythe?  Life-sized inflatables shaped like DeeJay, Lucy, Clarissa and Ooloorie?
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

anything