Frank B. on October 12, 2010, 12:46:25 pm
New spammer guys.  Hitcliff in Odysseus.

The first sentence suggests something somewhat automated.  But there are no links to some site selling something.  So, technically not spamming.  But thanks for the heads up. Will monitor.

Rocketman on October 12, 2010, 04:04:57 pm
Okay Frank, I saw the "Shared Files SE", went into it and saw what looks to me like an advertisement for other stuff.  What happens to someone that goes into the "shared shares"?  Aren't they probably going to be hit with other advertisements?   ???

Rocketman on October 19, 2010, 12:10:03 pm
Scott: Under "what guns do you carry"  brooke111.

Rocketman on October 21, 2010, 06:54:42 am
Frank:  New spammer called future in the probability broach selling "pandora charms".

Frank B. on October 21, 2010, 07:59:55 am
Frank:  New spammer called future in the probability broach selling "pandora charms".

New spammer banned, and posting with spam links removed.  Thanks for the diligence!

Rocketman on October 25, 2010, 10:22:59 am
Frank:  There's one at "Are the suitors evil?" that I don't know if it's spam or not.  The name is ellyka19 and they're selling simulated auto insurance in French no less!

Rocketman on November 20, 2010, 10:44:47 am
Frank:  New one Vikas on "Some good news for a change".  There's a link for I think real estate investments (in French) that I didn't see at first and I replied to him.  I think you'll like my answer.  :D

Frank B. on November 20, 2010, 08:57:41 pm
Frank:  New one Vikas on "Some good news for a change".  There's a link for I think real estate investments (in French) that I didn't see at first and I replied to him.  I think you'll like my answer.  :D

They were banned on 11/4.  That post was from 10/24.  Surprised removal of the post was missed.

Frank B. on November 20, 2010, 08:58:47 pm

They were banned on 11/4.  That post was from 10/24.  Surprised removal of the post was missed.

D'oh.  I was replying to the one about ellyka19.  Looking into Vikas.

Frank B. on November 20, 2010, 09:02:42 pm

D'oh.  I was replying to the one about ellyka19.  Looking into Vikas.

And I see Scott was on that one.  Might be why there was some weirdness banning ellyka19.

Rocketman on November 23, 2010, 07:00:38 pm
Frank:  Check out johncooper.

wdg3rd on January 19, 2011, 09:29:07 am
Though the messages almost make sense, from the signature I suspect that the poster "talmank" is some kind of context-sensitive spambot.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

evan on May 09, 2011, 12:37:44 pm
Damn spammers, ruining it for the rest of us.

Regarding unintended consequences of rules, (namely the one where newbies aren't allowed to post new topics,) rather than simply posting the topic I registered for this forum in order to post, I have to go around making ridiculous posts like this to raise my post count enough to give me the privilege of posting new topics.

I love these comics, and I am further entertained by lurking these forums, but having a rule like this is kind of like letting the terr'ists, I mean spammers, win...

This rule against newbies posting new topics incentivizes newbies to spam just to raise their post count enough to post new topics.

[/spam]

myrkul999 on September 17, 2012, 03:18:45 am

I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

anything