Rocketman on August 11, 2010, 10:49:43 am
New Spammer guys.  Buildinglink, 3 posts all on Odysseus.  Nail him!

wdg3rd on August 12, 2010, 12:17:53 am
New Spammer guys.  Buildinglink, 3 posts all on Odysseus.  Nail him!

Got my nail gun.  Dunno where the perp is.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Scott on August 12, 2010, 02:35:35 am
Got 'im. Also, a spammer in the Drug War Carol forum. Sheez.

Rocketman on August 12, 2010, 05:39:12 am
Kind of strange that we don't hear from them for so long and then suddenly two posts show up.  Think it means anything?    ???

wdg3rd on August 13, 2010, 06:04:03 am
Kind of strange that we don't hear from them for so long and then suddenly two posts show up.  Think it means anything?    ???

Yeah, it means they found another way through SMF's Capcha, or somebody didn't use a secure password.  Or maybe there's a fresh generation of mules, though I wasn't expecting that until a couple weeks when the school year starts,

Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

KBCraig on August 16, 2010, 04:12:50 am
There is a new category of spammer in forums: those who register in person so they can defeat any CAPTCHA or other anti-spam registration schemes, and then deliberately target their posts to a "welcome" or "introduce yourself" or other thread. Their posts almost look like they fit the thread, but they always include some random URL about Rolex watches or other spambait.

Rocketman on August 29, 2010, 08:21:58 pm
In Escape from Terra there's a new spammer called IMike24 with 2 posts.  Nail him.

Rocketman on September 06, 2010, 01:55:59 pm
New spammer named werossebofs in EFT trying to get people to watch a sex tape, which is likely infected with a virus knowing these guys.  Nail him!

Rocketman on September 11, 2010, 09:44:31 pm
New one guys.  This one is called Quesoulse and he started his own link entitled "Present buying" which I didn't think that they could do.  He puts up a link and then asks if his 25 years old wife would like it.  They're starting to get a little trickey.   ::)

Scott on September 14, 2010, 02:35:38 pm
Okay, I've kicked out a couple more spammers. I'm not sure how they got around the block on newbies creating new threads so I went in and locked down those restrictions a bit harder. Let's hope this slows 'em down a bit more.

It's a game of whack-a-mole, folks.

terry_freeman on September 14, 2010, 04:39:20 pm
Is it possible to moderate posts from newbies? After the first couple, you'd switch off the moderation?

Rocketman on September 17, 2010, 09:34:03 am
New scammer called Petersmthhh in "Well, it finally happened" right underneath my post.

Rocketman on September 17, 2010, 09:40:57 am
And yet another spammer guys.  Forexc in Escape from Terra.  At least he's honest about his intentions.   >:(

Frank B. on September 17, 2010, 11:58:21 am
Pretty sure I found it.  For some reason, in the EFT board, newbies were allowed to post new topics.  Must have happened when the board was created. Board permissions override the group permissions.  I've explicitly turned it off for this board.  Hopefully, we won't see any more spam (at least from newbies).

Rocketman on October 12, 2010, 09:45:41 am
New spammer guys.  Hitcliff in Odysseus.

anything