Frank Bieser on September 07, 2009, 10:31:02 pm
This be the place where we will discuss all things Phoebus Krumm,  in this here forum...

Ok, enough with the faux pirate talk. September 8th, we will start things off with five pages, followed by another page on the very next day (and another on Friday of course). Next week, a new page will go up every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until story's end. We know you'll want to share your thoughts as soon as you start reading this latest science fiction story from L Neil Smith and Scott Bieser, who brought you The Probability Broach: The Graphic Novel and Roswell, Texas (along with Ref F May).  We look forward to what you guys have to say.

Phoebus Krumm is the next story in the Henry Martyn series.  Henry Martyn, Bretta Martyn, and The War Dove, all penned by El Neil were published as prose novels.   Now he's telling a new story in the saga to be told in graphic form. Scott's striking black and white work will be enhanced by 3-D modeling provided by -3- (colorist on La Muse and The Probability Broach: The Graphic Novel), bringing to life El Neil's vision of space pirates, interstellar empires, and tachyon sailing vessels plying deep space.

ARrrr... uh, I mean, Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:06:43 am by Frank Bieser »

Rocketman on September 08, 2009, 07:41:19 pm
I read the Henry Martyn series a long time ago and still have the first couple of books.  Looks like I need to reread them to get up to speed.  Don't have the War Dove.  :P

Scott on September 08, 2009, 10:48:50 pm
While knowing the Martyn books helps, it's not necessary to follow PHOEBUS KRUMM. What backstory is requireded gets told in the current story. So don't feel like you need to cram.

Of course, IMHO those books are enjoyable and worth re-reading for their own sakes.

KBCraig on September 09, 2009, 03:39:46 am
The visual theme so far either appeals to Gor wankers, or makes fun of Gor wankers.

Not sure which, yet.  ;)  ;D

Rocketman on September 09, 2009, 09:55:07 pm
Just would like to say that the six pages that I've so far the artwork is very imaginative and superbly illustrated.  The writing is also excellent.  I've got the feeling that I'm going to like this.  ;D

Scott on September 13, 2009, 12:56:59 am
It seems some odd quirk of fate that I keep hooking up with writers who like to write scenes of big men getting blow jobs.  ::)

Ah well, at least it's over with. No more scenes with naked Phoebus getting fellatioed, I promise. Of course, there's some other stuff coming up later that's just as, um, bawdy. But truthfully, this is a story mostly about romance, space combat, religiously-obsessed villains, and political intrigue. And, a bit of naughty stuff here and there.

Just like the prose novels from which this story derives.

KBCraig on September 21, 2009, 03:45:44 am
It seems some odd quirk of fate that I keep hooking up with writers who like to write scenes of big men getting blow jobs.  ::)

As a big man, I have no objection to that.  ;)

I compared the scenes to John Norman's Gor, because even the characters seemed to understand the stereotype. In a couple of scenes, the women were rolling their eyes, even as the performed their "slavely duties".

coydog on September 24, 2009, 03:54:39 am
Gor, I suspect, was an experiment to determine how deliberately hammy a piece of writing could get and still be published... then it took on this shambling life of its own, buoyed up by fanboys who (by and large) never did understand that it was all a big joke and THEY were the punch line. I kind of like the girls eye-rolling and giggling behind their hands, which takes the p*ss out of the Immortal School's pretensions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:57:29 am by coydog »

ZoeBrain on September 28, 2009, 02:36:23 am
Well, I spotted 3 of the Doctors Who in that last panel - not forgetting masks of various US presidents...

I like.

coydog on September 29, 2009, 12:06:02 am
Yeah, this last page was great fun! I spotted "McQueeg" in there too!

Frankjc3rd on October 11, 2009, 08:22:20 am
Well, I spotted 3 of the Doctors Who in that last panel - not forgetting masks of various US presidents...

I like.

In the Ceos waiting room I was able to find at least four different actors that played The Doctor: William Hartnell, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Christopher Eccelston.  There may be more but I am not sure.

I was able to identify several masks:
michaeljackson
jacknicholson
johnfkennedy
barackobama
richardnixon
waldo
Nothing is forever, but the internet comes close.
Anonymous
I know me, I've seen me do it.
Ron White

anything