NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on August 16, 2009, 03:07:24 pm
There is a major functional hole on the website; there is no links from the forum area back to the "web" area.  This is extremely annoying when one enters the forum from an email link; one would like, on occasion, to reference the comic page in question to better understand the context of the message.  Unfortunately, the web architecture does not facilitate this.   >:( :'( :(

The simple fix would be to add a link from the Big Head Press logo at the upper right of each  forum web page back to the main Big Head Press page.    :)

A better fix would be to also add a link from each comic-oriented forum to the associated comic page.   ;D ;) 8)

Oz The Great & Powerful on August 19, 2009, 07:29:21 pm
There is a major functional hole on the website; there is no links from the forum area back to the "web" area.  This is extremely annoying when one enters the forum from an email link; one would like, on occasion, to reference the comic page in question to better understand the context of the message.  Unfortunately, the web architecture does not facilitate this.   >:( :'( :(

The simple fix would be to add a link from the Big Head Press logo at the upper right of each  forum web page back to the main Big Head Press page.    :)

A better fix would be to also add a link from each comic-oriented forum to the associated comic page.   ;D ;) 8)

I can see you have many feelings on this matter.  ;D The way this theme was structured, and what I had to do it to even get the BHP logo to display there, makes creating an anchor there challenging.  Not insolvable, but time consuming and ugly and I'm hoping to address it soon.

I like the last suggestion.  ;)

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on October 22, 2010, 05:48:30 pm
I can see you have many feelings on this matter.  ;D The way this theme was structured, and what I had to do it to even get the BHP logo to display there, makes creating an anchor there challenging.  Not insolvable, but time consuming and ugly and I'm hoping to address it soon.

Given that it hasn't happened in over a year, I'm guessing it's turned out to be a bit more time consuming and ugly than first thought.

I have a much easier proposal; how about changing the URL on the Home button to be the home page for Big Head Press itself (http://bigheadpress.com) rather than for the Forum home page (http://forum.bigheadpress.com/index.php)?  I note that all pages I could get to in the Forum already have a link to the Forum home page, so no functionality would be lost.

Hopefully that would be a simple one line change.  :)

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on March 16, 2011, 06:32:20 pm
Given that it hasn't happened in over a year [...]

I just noticed that back links are now available to the two "active" comics, as well as the Big Head Press home page.  They could have been there for some time now, but as I am now aware of them:

Thank You :)  ;D ;)

anything