dough560 on April 27, 2010, 01:37:46 am
We're continuously dealing with people who make complaints, but don't take the time to become otherwise involved.  These people think because they "complained", their complaint should have the force of law.  Trying to force property owners to conform to the way they think things should be.  Doesn't work around here.

Our regulations attempt to prevent ground water contamination, and other missuses which affect the neighbors.  Your grass is too tall?  By what standard?  As long as your "tall grass" does not support vermin, it's your problem.  When vermin begin affecting your neighbor, again it's your problem.  Most problems are best resolved  by the property owners.

Fail to act or not cooperate with your neighbor?  Community Safety and Health Concerns, will result in the community resolving the problem.  Such actions are not free.

Rocketman on April 27, 2010, 12:15:37 pm
Dough:  That's the way that it should be.  Over the years I've run into a bunch of people who think that what they don't like should be made against the law and what they do like should be made legally mandatory.  Usually their brains operate by mostly instinct instead of logic.  Trying to change them is usually a waste of time because they are unable to think beyond just the minimum neccessary to survive in society.  Needless to say they and I usually don't get along very well.

dough560 on April 28, 2010, 02:32:09 am
It's an ongoing battle.  We don't try to make nice.  Just acknowledge their opinion and keep on dong what we were doing.  As I've said, we are in the process of re-witting the rule book.  Our goal is to limit the busy body's ability to interfere with their neighbors and make it easier for businesses to set up shop and offer their services.

oyunboardcom on March 19, 2011, 05:49:58 am
Owwwww

www.oyunboard.com

anything