Anthem on July 05, 2006, 09:38:49 pm
Is it me, or are the stories moving too slowly?  I lose track of the plots...

Looks like selling  merchandise is the main goal.

Scott on July 07, 2006, 10:48:57 am
The stories are being displayed at approximately the same speed as the art teams can produce them (slightly faster, actually). We do try to schedule a "buffer" so that if a colorist or letterer falls behind it doesn't jeopardize our upload schedule.

For the Architect, we do have all the inked pages in but the colorist still has about a dozen left to complete, and there are another dozen that were just turned in and need to be lettered.

And yes, we do want to sell merchandise. So we can make back some of the money we paid the artists and writers to produce the stories. This ain't no hobby, baby, and it ain't no charity either. So get yerself on over to our CafePress store and buy some goodies, okay?

Mike Mordant on July 10, 2006, 02:04:24 pm
I donít work for Big Head Press so the following is just my personal opinion

I can empathize with Anthem. Itís not easy waiting for the next installment. But part of the joy of observing a work in progress is the anticipation.  Iím old enough to have seen the second or third or forth running of the classic film serials in the theater.  The anticipation was wonderful.

As for the web site being about selling wares, well this is capitalism.  I expect no apologies for that.

Jake B. on July 11, 2006, 12:50:10 am
Sorry, but the artists and writers have to be paid, and it takes time do up all this wonderfull work. If I do say so myself, it is excellent work, and also I kinda like the anticipation of wiating for whats gonna happen next. I dunno, maybe your not that kinda guy, that's cool,  but you must realize these things take time. And to reiterate, capitalism baby!
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Mike Mordant on July 11, 2006, 06:33:51 pm
Don't get me wrong -  I love the anticipation.  That's why I choose to read the installments as they come out. 

Readers have the choice to read the serialized versions or wait for the complete work to be published.  Serialization worked for Dickens.  I used to read serialized novels in Analog years ago.  I read Dune when it was serialized in Analog and at least for me more enjoyable than it was as a finished novel.

I do appreciate the hard work that goes into the stories and try to read each installment before I start my work day when they come out. 

In anxious anticipation....

comicartist on September 12, 2006, 11:08:23 pm
It's getting to the good parts now....but i'm keeping my yap shut....

Mike Kilgore
Colorist, The Architect
http://www.miketheartist.net
42!

Jake B. on September 13, 2006, 05:08:49 pm
Yay! This is looking really good. I'm also glad that some of my lettering work is finnally out too!  ;D
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

comicartist on September 24, 2006, 11:11:12 am
almost there....
42!

mac on September 24, 2006, 12:02:16 pm
I just found this website. I think its great. As for slow, I started reading it today and caught up to the last page. But what the hell, it's free. Stop complaining and enjoy the great artwork.

bloody red baron on September 26, 2006, 11:22:49 am
I intended The Architect to be a graphic novel from the git go.  If I had my druthers, it would have appeared all at once.  There is no padding for the sake of the internet.  This is the way Big Head chooses to present The Architect.  I am grateful to them.  It will debut as a paper book later.

Scott on October 16, 2006, 07:10:24 pm
We are going to work very hard on getting a book trade distributor for both The Architect and The Hook. This will take a bit of time, as the book trade works in a much slower cycle than the comics direct market. (We will also solicit with Diamond and time things so that the book is released both in bookstores and comics shops at the same time.)