Technomad on August 19, 2008, 07:47:15 pm
I think Odysseus is going to do something drastic to Circe...she did turn his men into animals, according to the original story.  Right now, he's playing along, but I want to see what he does to get back at her for that.

Scott on August 19, 2008, 11:46:42 pm
Um, are you familiar with the original story?

Technomad on August 21, 2008, 12:24:29 am
We covered it in my Classical Literature course in HS, and I used to be nuts about Greek mythology, but I haven't read it in many years.

I'd love to turn Circe loose on Capitol Hill...she'd turn them all into something useful. 

Rocketman on August 21, 2008, 01:28:37 pm
Your presuming that there's a lower life form that a congressperson (exempting Ron Paul).  If there is I haven't seen it yet.  ;D

wdg3rd on August 21, 2008, 11:17:26 pm
Your presuming that there's a lower life form that a congressperson (exempting Ron Paul).  If there is I haven't seen it yet.  ;D

Turning them into pigs is an upgrade into something edible.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Scott on September 14, 2008, 05:57:29 pm
At this point the discussion became about Ron Paul rather than Odysseus so I split it off.

SDGrant on May 11, 2009, 09:46:10 pm
I think Odysseus is going to do something drastic to Circe...she did turn his men into animals, according to the original story.  Right now, he's playing along, but I want to see what he does to get back at her for that.

I realize this is very late, but:

In the original, Circe gives in to Odysseus, returns his men to human form, and gets knocked up by him.

After Odysseus' final fate - don't want any spoilers if you don't know what it is - Circe and Telemachus meet and wed, at least by one version, and Penelope marries the son of Odysseus and Circe.  One big happy family and, miraculously, no actual incest.

- Grant

anything