Rocketman on June 02, 2008, 06:24:41 pm
So Susan's parents have just told her that they have killed all the rest of their race and that they think that maybe she's sideing with the human race against them.  Interesting.  This is starting to get very interesting.   8)

sehlat on June 02, 2008, 08:38:28 pm
What I find even more interesting is the undeniable fact that Libby already knew it. How, and when, did she figure it out?

enemyofthestate on June 03, 2008, 02:15:31 am
So Susan's parents have just told her that they have killed all the rest of their race and that they think that maybe she's sideing with the human race against them.  Interesting.  This is starting to get very interesting.   8)
I didn't see it coming but it didn't surprise me.  Billions of years old with the powers of a demigod and this is the best they can do?

They probably killed the rest of the species off because no one suspected the retards until is was too late.

Rocketman on June 03, 2008, 05:26:21 am
On the other hand it occurs to me that maybe her "parents" aren't really her parents.  Maybe two other aliens are pretending to be them so that they will have an advantage against her if and when they battle it out.  If
I were Susan I would be "powering up" Libby as quick as I could.  She's going to need all the help that she can get.   :o

DarianW on June 04, 2008, 06:59:42 pm
Well whatever happens in the desert, Susan's PR people are in for a hell of a day.

aditantimedh on June 04, 2008, 10:11:50 pm
They're her parents.  Their species have unique individuated energy fields that enables Susan and Libby to recognise them. 

This isn't going to go well, one way or another.

sehlat on June 06, 2008, 05:24:24 pm
They're her parents.  Their species have unique individuated energy fields that enables Susan and Libby to recognise them. 

So Libby can recognize energy fields? That implies she has at least some, if not all of Susan's powers, but for her own reasons refuses to use them.

I'd guess that both of the kids have a choice, Earth or their parents.

Decisions... decisions...

Rocketman on June 08, 2008, 12:18:13 am
Selhat:
     Remember that early in the story Libby couldn't find Susan and resorted to using her mind to tell Susan that she wanted her right away?  It's clear that Libby does have some powers, only through her own self limitations or lack of her own powers she has kept up the cover of a normal human and is no way a match for the other three.  There was also a conversation that implied that Libby had the power but wanted to be human so she renounced her abilities.

Rocketman on June 13, 2008, 11:04:51 pm
When Libby's and Susan parents were in their adult state, they seemed to have a better grasp of maturity and common sense than they do now.  Now they they are physically about 9 years old they seem to act as if they are the same age as what you would expect a couple of bratty 9 year olds to act.  I wonder if Susan will notice that in time and maybe age them to see if they revert back to their adult level of common sense?   8)

aditantimedh on June 16, 2008, 08:24:15 pm
They're too strong for Susan to use her powers on. 

And she won't do stuff to her own parents.

Rocketman on June 17, 2008, 07:18:54 am
If she is in a lose/lose scenario as you say she is then the only chance she has is reason, and that doesn't usually work very well on 9 year olds.  Especially when they can do litterly anything they want to.  :P

aditantimedh on June 18, 2008, 02:12:09 am
Well, that's her weakness: not kryptonite, not nukes, no PMS, not bullets. 

She can't deal with irrationality that's more powerful than her.  That's her limit.

KBCraig on June 18, 2008, 06:35:56 am
Rut-roh! Is that Libby about to come charging in? Or is it some greater entity?

Rocketman on June 18, 2008, 09:04:25 pm

She can't deal with irrationality that's more powerful than her. That's her limit.
     So in order to defeat them she has to become crazier than they are?  :o

KBCraig on June 19, 2008, 02:52:55 am

She can't deal with irrationality that's more powerful than her. That's her limit.
     So in order to defeat them she has to become crazier than they are?  :o

Sounds like the anarchist versus Ron Paul minarchist dilemma.  ;D