Rocketman on February 27, 2008, 01:56:51 pm
It's been announced today that William F. Buckley Jr. died at the age of 82.

Zen Redneck on February 27, 2008, 08:12:59 pm
I met him once.  He was gracious, tho in a big hurry.

H. Rearden on February 27, 2008, 08:50:38 pm
A video titled William F. Buckley on drugs. He does not however appear to be on drugs in the video but rather states his position regarding drugs in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNw2r-qmopI

Scott on March 28, 2008, 01:46:33 pm
I saw Buckley in 1978, speaking to a packed auditorium of students at the University of Texas at Austin. He was in fine form -- erudite, charming, and very patient in answering some of the sillier questions put to him during the Q&A section.

Dr. No on April 14, 2008, 10:07:15 pm
I saw Buckley in 1978, speaking to a packed auditorium of students at the University of Texas at Austin. He was in fine form -- erudite, charming, and very patient in answering some of the sillier questions put to him during the Q&A section.

I gotta admit I used to Love Bucky. He did speak out against the greater excesses of the so called War on some drugs later in life. He deserves credit for that. That almost made up for the Cold War damage he inflicted to help the likes of Dulles, Dupont, Col. Rockwell, etc. back when He was promoting the Dulles Brother Brilliant Cold War Marketing Plan and being a Stand Up guy for the CIA, his Former Employer?

It's amazing what we can buy into when a talented guy puts on a suit and talks circles around his opponents with ease.

Bucky was in their pocket, feeding cold war fears to the American children. We deserve better, if more people would grow up.