Frank B. on October 30, 2005, 04:45:03 pm
I'm so excited I can barely stand it.  In fact, I just can't hide it.
Roswell, Texas.  An exciting new adventure in 21st century
publishing.  On-line.  All the time, baby.

Yeah.

AncapAgency on May 01, 2006, 07:19:12 pm
I love what I've seen so far--can't wait for more!

Also, I am waiting very impatiently for Ceres et al.  All I've seen in the way of updates is that it's "looking for a home."  Any possibility of that being Big Head?  If not, a close second from my point of view would be Jim Baen--I don't know how good he did by El Neil on Forge of the Elders but I thought it was well done.  Also There seems to be a good pro-Liberty bent on there.

I'm a huge L. Neil Smith fan--ever since reading Forge.  I've bought all the books (dead tree) I can find, I've bought all the ones I can find in ebook format, and Probability Broach is my first ever purchase and read of a Graphic Novel. 

Oz The Great & Powerful on May 01, 2006, 10:33:45 pm
I'm also an El Neil fan.  I wouldn't be publishing his stories otherwise. ;)  I've had the good fortune of reading an early draft of Ceres.  I've read several Neil's novels (including Forge Of The Elders), all of which I enjoyed thoroughly.  But I have to say, I think Ceres is his best work to date.  Because Big Head Press is a graphic novel publisher, publishing Ceres as a prose novel isn't within our skill set.  IMHO, Ceres would make a wonderful motion picture.  There are a number of scenes from that book which would play really well on the big screen.

Roberta X on May 08, 2006, 02:06:28 am
I certainly hope L. Neil finds a publisher for "Ceres."   Given the number of freedom-themed novels from brand-new authors published recently, one might hope an established author could find a publisher willing to meet his terms.

BHP certainly did a nice job with "The Probability Broach" and "Rosewell, Texas" is holding up to my high expectations.

Writing may or may not be hard work, depending on the writer, genre and subject, but selling the stuff is always work for nearly all writers.  (IMO, revising it runs a close second but I may be prejudiced, having comitted most of my literary sins back when the electric typewriter was the preferred tool.)

Any LNS novel with original characters would make a fine film, IMO. 
By 1913, it was too late.