Redleg on January 10, 2008, 08:27:13 am
Roswell, Texas got me through a lot of slow mornings at work, and not at work.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, and genuinely feel kind of sad today.  I'll still get to follow La Muse for a while, I imagine, but it's definitely not R,T.  I didn't realize how much a part of my day this story had become until I saw the words "The End" in the lower right hand corner.

Well done. :)

Rocketman on January 10, 2008, 09:28:08 am
L. Neil, I think what everyone is saying is that they would like to see a sequel to Roswell at some time in the future.  :D

delphidb96 on January 10, 2008, 09:44:50 am
Yes, that's true-I'm hooked and want a follow-up.  But what I *REALLY* want to know is how soon can I buy this in dead-tree version?!?   ;D

Derek

jrl on January 10, 2008, 10:11:15 am
Seems like they anouced another L. Neil story with another artist a few months ago. . . I don't think it will be a Roswell sequel, but most of L. Neil's fiction has been exploring various branches of the "Probability" universe. Seems like it was to start next month.

And I'll second the query on how long it will be before the dead-tree edition of Roswell will be out.

Mickeyw on January 11, 2008, 09:58:45 am
Roswell is what started bringing me to this place. The good writing and art work kept me. Thank you very much for all of it.

Steffan on January 12, 2008, 12:40:31 am
I agree with all the above sentiments, and I will definitely be buying the dead-tree version when it comes out in June. 

;D

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!   :P

That get your attention??    :D

In case you hadn't noticed, we want to see more of this world.  L. Neil, you did what, three sequels to The Probability Broach?  Surely this story is deserving of as much attention.  I would especially be interested in learning the backstory -- what's happening in Europe and Asia, and why and how Texas and California did not join the Union.  Enquiring minds want to know!

;D
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

wdg3rd on January 13, 2008, 02:58:29 am
I agree with all the above sentiments, and I will definitely be buying the dead-tree version when it comes out in June. 

;D

In case you hadn't noticed, we want to see more of this world.  L. Neil, you did what, three sequels to The Probability Broach?  Surely this story is deserving of as much attention.  I would especially be interested in learning the backstory -- what's happening in Europe and Asia, and why and how Texas and California did not join the Union.  Enquiring minds want to know!

;D

I'd assume that the minor variations in how Texas got free of Mexico and a few survivors from the Alamo might have kept the Texas legislature from their deal with the devil.  Weakening of Mexico would have let the Californios get their freedom that much easier.  Changes in other things would have easily prevented Stephen Kearny (who in our history had too much help from the upper crust in the California legislature) from surrounding the capital of California (in those days it was San Jose) with Federal troops and "asking" the government of the Republic of California to request statehood from Washington City.  (All reports are that Stephen Kearny was a complete prick -- his nephew Philip Kearny, after whom the town I reside in was named, seemed highly regarded by his peers on both sides of the "Civil" War).  (Note that I did not call Kearny, NJ my home.  I just sleep here.  La Esposa was born here.  I intend to be in New Hampshire real fucking soon and I hope she comes with me).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Scott on January 15, 2008, 06:29:20 pm
Thanks for the kind words, folks.

There will be a dead-tree version of Roswell, Texas, to be published in June 2008 although advance copies will be available at the LP National Convention in Denver to he held during Memorial Day Weekend.

Also, in case you haven't heard already, we've already started running another all-new LNS story, Timepeeper. Check the link on our main page.

Right now I'm keeping myself busy drawing an altogether different story with an altogether different writer: Odysseus the Rebel, written by Steven Grant. Steven is a 25-year comics industry veteran and has written more funny-books than I could store in my basement. The story is a somewhat different take on the ancient legend -- in this version, Odysseus is the Rational Man with an indomitable spirit who ends the Age of Mysticism and destroys the Old Gods. We'll start showing this one in June, after LaMuse wraps.

archy on January 18, 2008, 04:29:04 pm

;D

;D

Indeed; I concur fully. If nothing else, an illustrated history book of Texian history would be a great spinoff, helpful both for teaching youngun's their Texas heritage, and also a helpful guide for the New Chums that'd help explain some of the *whys* about what might otherwise be viewed as peculiar traits of their social ways.
Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

anything