wdg3rd on December 26, 2007, 06:48:36 pm
I was just clicking through R, T again and noticed the nurse taking care of Bear during his hospital stay.  I'd thought she looked familiar during the first pass, but this time I actually read her name tag on screen 157.  W. Elder.  A fine tribute to some of the best work Harvey Kurtzman and Will Elder ever did.  Was this one purely Scott's or did Neil and Rex have some input?
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@comcast.net        http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Rocketman on December 26, 2007, 07:58:52 pm
I didn't make the connection but your right.  I will admit that I used to really enjoy reading the comics section of the 1960's and 70's Playboy for her character.  Some of the things she used to get into really cracked me up.  It was kind of like a very early version of "South Park" the way it used to lampoon topics of the time like ecology and women's rights.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Scott on January 15, 2008, 06:03:32 pm
Neil suggested I make the nurse look like Annie Fannie and I'm the one who thought of putting "W. Elder" on the name tag.