wdg3rd on December 15, 2007, 07:51:55 am
Concerning the latest (12/13 & 12/15) segments, frames 605-607:

While I saw him in the back of the pickup going out to the picnic site, there is no sign of Gokk during the event itself.  And where are the girls?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:56:44 am by wdg3rd »
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Rocketman on December 15, 2007, 09:44:59 am
The girls are in more "conventional" attire rather than the bikinis which would have been an eye opener to the cathering people who would not be aware of what had just transpired.  As far as Gokk that is a mystery.  None of the panel leading up to the end of the story has him in it.   8)

Steffan on December 18, 2007, 12:29:26 am
For that matter, I didn't see Rosa, either.  Dolores was with Morrison, and Mal, J.B. and Meier had their g.f.'s within reach, but no Gokk and no Rosa.    :-\

Maybe Gokk was hiding in the plane.... I noticed the cabin hatch was closed, and the windows are suddenly opaque (compare page 598 to pages 605, 606 and 607).  Also, when did they drive Wild Bill's Cord out there? 

There's obviously quite a bit going on off-camera, as it were.   8)
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

trainer on December 18, 2007, 08:23:53 pm
Rosa would hang with Grokk.  The grays are with them...probably back at the house. I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to Mars with him.  I can think of several ways they could all get back to the future, and I'm curious about which one the authors will use.

Rocketman on December 19, 2007, 10:46:33 am
While I was reading the story line I always assumed that they would be rescued by another ship and returned to the future, but I'm beginning to think that might not be the case.  We'll just has to see what transpires.   8)  I also noticed that the characters that have been mentioned in the 1964 timeframe have all not been from the future.  ;D  When it's over I sure am going to miss this series.  :'(

trainer on December 19, 2007, 06:28:54 pm
I'm still wondering about panel 503...

Historian Gokk sees someone out the window and exclaims... "Good Heavens, Isn't that --?

Just before the shooting starts.

I wonder which of the characters he was looking at?

Rocketman on December 19, 2007, 08:09:09 pm
I had "assumed" that Gokk had been referring to Ness, having probably seen him in the alleyway and being surprised to run into him again so soon, but you may be right.  Gokk might have been referring to an entirely different person.  8)

trainer on December 20, 2007, 08:07:22 am
Some of the girls stay, it seems.  I would be expecting a timeship to show up tomorrow (when the 'letter to the future') was finally delivered after sitting in the Texas Archives for hundreds of years...taking Meir with them, Lawrence of Aldebron, Madam Curie, and Father Wojtyła.

Rocketman on December 20, 2007, 09:31:55 pm
I kind of figured that a couple of them would decide to stay 300 years in the past like Malcolm's new girlfriend or the blond who was an historian on the Peru-Sino war.  What I want to know is how is Gokk going to stay
undercover?  Maybe something to do with Walt Disney perhaps?  ;D

Scott on December 25, 2007, 06:05:12 pm
Most the the crew that went out to Pete's crash site returned to the ranch so they could load up the Nazi prisoners in the garbage truck and send them back to Mexico. Gokk and Rosa stayed at the ranch house, and Amber Rose convinced the Martian girls that if they were going to live in the 20th century they should dress like it (much to J.B.'s annoyance) and the girls borrowed clothes from Bettie's wardrobe. Then Bill and Bettie went into town to summon the caterers and everyone went back out to the crash site for the party.

At least, that's what I think happened.

enemyofthestate on December 25, 2007, 08:38:18 pm
Some of the girls stay, it seems.  I would be expecting a timeship to show up tomorrow (when the 'letter to the future') was finally delivered after sitting in the Texas Archives for hundreds of years..
I wondered about that too.  I guess it depends on which "theory" of time travel the author subscribes to.

Steffan on December 26, 2007, 10:36:38 pm
I'm still wondering about panel 503...

Historian Gokk sees someone out the window and exclaims... "Good Heavens, Isn't that --?

Just before the shooting starts.

I wonder which of the characters he was looking at?

Gokk seems to be reacting to Ness, since that frame is immediately after Ness spots our favorite alien and cries out. 

This really doesn't seem to be Ness' year, ya know?   :P
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

Rocketman on December 27, 2007, 11:41:59 am
Judging from what happens to him in the 1964 future, I'de say that what is going on right now would be a walk in the park, not that he doesn't deserve it in spades for breaking his oath.

Sean Roach on December 27, 2007, 04:59:50 pm
Well, maybe one of the Elders will stop by and offer him a ride back to his timeline and continuity.  Or perhaps he'll hop through a broach to get home.

Steffan on December 27, 2007, 10:16:45 pm
One other thing -- on page 622, when Wild Bill and Bettie are greeting Audie Murphy and his sweet patootie, that seems to be a Gray carrying their luggage.

Kinda sorta implies that Gokk might be somewhere in the neighborhood.....

8)

-- Frank Zappa