Steffan on December 06, 2007, 12:21:40 am
Heh.  I love it.  Pete is the ultimate survivor, I think.

;D
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

Rocketman on December 06, 2007, 04:03:58 am
There are worse ways to crash land an airplane and end up all alone (for awhile) with a beautiful woman.  ;D

Steffan on December 12, 2007, 12:28:17 am
Even if that beautiful woman ends up with Mike Morrison?   ;D

Pete, OTOH, seems quite friendly with Mme. Joliot-Curie.  It'd be interesting to see her in cowboy boots. 

Something I haven't seen touched upon, though:  Gokk is a human history teacher.  The girls are his honor students.

All of a sudden they are in the middle of a whole bunch of people that undoubtedly were in some of the history texts they studied -- President Lindbergh, Wild Bill Bear, Captain Murphy of the Rangers, Colonel Morrison, Deaf Smith Company staff, Lt. Roddenberry, Lawrence of Albania(?), "Untouchable" Eliot Ness... the list goes on.    8)

Shouldn't we be seeing some "Ohmigawd!" reactions from the girls when they realize what's around them?   ???
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

Rocketman on December 12, 2007, 02:25:03 pm
I would attribute their blasi attitude to the likelyhood that this is not the first time travel trip that they have made and that they have likely met other important/ famous people.  8)

Rocketman on December 12, 2007, 07:29:52 pm
 "Even if that beautiful woman ends up with Mike Morrison?"  I didn't address this in my previous post but I probably should have.  I think that most woman, especially for that time would have found "Colonel Morrison" as an tall and attractive man who is full of self confidence to be an extremely good "catch".  And if I remember correctly in this universe John Wayne always did like ladies from latin american countries.

wdg3rd on December 12, 2007, 09:51:38 pm
And if I remember correctly in this universe John Wayne always did like ladies from latin american countries.

His first wife was from Panama, his second from Mexico and his third from Peru, so I guess that'd be a strong possibility.  In our timeline, he was about a year and a half into his second marriage at the time of the Roswell incident.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Steffan on December 12, 2007, 11:08:16 pm
And if I remember correctly in this universe John Wayne always did like ladies from latin american countries.

His first wife was from Panama, his second from Mexico and his third from Peru, so I guess that'd be a strong possibility.  In our timeline, he was about a year and a half into his second marriage at the time of the Roswell incident.

Very true.  On pg. 407, the narrator states that "Morrison's exes were both Mexican."  John Wayne had excellent taste in women.  I don't doubt that Mike Morrison is equally blessed.

Dolores is beautiful, highly intelligent, and has excellent connections.  It's quite possible that she already knows more about Morrison than Morrison himself knows.   ;D

-- Frank Zappa

anything