Rocketman on November 22, 2007, 02:35:37 pm
Okay, on panel 583 it clearly shows the wreaked saucer and the size of the barn doors.  How the heck did they manage to get it inside when it appears to be at least 10 feet too big to fit even if they tilted it at an angle to get the most barn door width they could get?  Notice I didn't even address the problem of the saucer weight which means that every it's very lightweight or the crew must have really been eating their wheaties.   ;D

enemyofthestate on November 23, 2007, 12:58:32 am
Magic Rings?

Rocketman on November 23, 2007, 07:45:25 pm
Well, the rings have demonstrated that they're capable of disintergration but I haven't seen any evidence that they also have a tractor beam feature.   ;D

Steffan on November 24, 2007, 12:26:59 am
I agree, it is a puzzlement.   ???

One possibility is if there are larger doors in another part of the barn.  I've seen a barn or two where the whole side of the building opens up.  Since we don't actually see any other side of the barn, this is possible. 
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

Rocketman on November 24, 2007, 05:24:52 am
Good thought Steffen.  Normally on barns of that time period they do have two large doors, one on the opposite wall from each other.  Normally though, they're of exactly the same size.  ;D

archy on December 06, 2007, 01:08:56 pm
How the heck did they manage to get it inside when it appears to be at least 10 feet too big to fit even if they tilted it at an angle to get the most barn door width they could get?     ;D

It appears the ship's spatial disgrontificator is still operational, and functioning okay on battery or other backup power. Or maybe a really long extension cord to the barn. 
Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

Sean Roach on December 06, 2007, 08:40:38 pm
Or...they could have pried the front off the barn, rolled/dragged the saucer inside, and re-raised the front.  Not elegant, but it would have worked if the front of the barn wasn't structural.

enemyofthestate on December 07, 2007, 07:09:23 pm
Well, the rings have demonstrated that they're capable of disintergration but I haven't seen any evidence that they also have a tractor beam feature.   ;D
Ok, maybe they have a cziltang brone.

Rocketman on December 07, 2007, 11:21:11 pm
Okay, what the @%** is a "cziltang brone"  ???

Rocketman on December 07, 2007, 11:33:42 pm
I looked up the term "cziltang brone" up on yahoo and was mildly surprised to learn of it's "ringworld" origin.
  Yes I suppose that would work but it also could be that some sort of dematerialization equipment also survived the crash and it was used to insert the saucer into the barn.  Insufficent data to do more than merely speculate.  ;D

enemyofthestate on December 08, 2007, 05:57:45 am
Insufficent data to do more than merely speculate.  ;D
All Science Fiction is speculation of some sort or another -- Often with a side of Phlogiston and the odd Deus ex Machina.  And it's a "Graphic Novel".  Heck, Superman did ten impossible things before breakfast.

If you like little disrepancies then how about on pg 559 the girl in the magenta bikini (all the way to the viewer's left) is left handed but on pg 589 she's right handed.

Sean Roach on December 09, 2007, 01:34:20 pm
I suppose the lefties of your acquaintance are paralyzed when presented with right hand adapted gear.  The reverse is often true, but us southpaws learn to adapt.  Or heck, she could be fully ambidextrous.

enemyofthestate on December 10, 2007, 12:30:32 am
I suppose the lefties of your acquaintance are paralyzed when presented with right hand adapted gear.  The reverse is often true, but us southpaws learn to adapt.  Or heck, she could be fully ambidextrous.

There is alway some thickwit who misses the joke.

Steffan on December 12, 2007, 12:32:45 am
Consider it a glitch on the order of the red sports car during the chariot race in "Ben-Hur."  Or, perhaps, the 50-star flag in the second "Godfather" movie. 

Roll with it, fart it off, and party on.  The party is entirely too much fun to sweat the small stuff.   ;D

Besides which, I must have missed the joke, too.  It's been a very long day.   :-\
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

anything