jrl on December 01, 2007, 11:58:39 am
Y'know, it seems to me the S&M clad loony is appropriately dressed to be a NAZI version of a political officer!

In our time line, I don't think the NAZIs had political officers the way the Red Army did, but given the duties of a political officer, and the proclivities of the NAZI leadership in the RT time line. . .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:05:06 pm by jrl »

archy on December 06, 2007, 01:07:00 pm

In our time line, I don't think the NAZIs had political officers the way the Red Army did, but given the duties of a political officer, and the proclivities of the NAZI leadership in the RT time line. . .

Sort of. But a pal of mine who was pretty hard core was distressed to find he'd been assigned as a driver/assistant to a chaplain with the 2nd Infantry Division in South Korea, figuring the detail was a waste of his infantry/airborne/ranger talents. Until he was gently informed by the intelligence officer who'd so tasked him that the North Koreans had no direct equivalent of *chaplains* and considered them political officers, and accordingly had designated them as targets for espionage recruitment, assassination, and *special interrogation* if they fell into KPA/enemy hands.

The German Wehrmacht was itself infiltrated by agents and informants of the Abwehrmilitary intelligence, the RSHA [German Reich's Security Head Office, approximately like our FBI's counterintelligence operations] and the GeStaPo, the Secret State's Police. And after the assassination of RHSA boss Heinrich Heydrich in Prague on 27 May 1942 and the later try on Hitler on 20 July 1944, the snoopers and informers no doubt intensified.

In the RT timeline, after the NSDAP spooks had killed off Angela Rabaul and driven Hitler out of Germany to Texas, and the following SA-versus-SS bloodletting ensued, it would have no doubt come much sooner. And such units seem to draw wierdos with oddball personal proclivities like a magnet and not just in Germany, pink-trimmed  Nazis [actually the ribbon colour for german tank units and their patches] not withstanding.
Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

wdg3rd on December 08, 2007, 10:15:59 am
Not to mention Kekko Kamen....

Ah, yes.  Lovely manga.  When I was TDY to Okinawa back in '77, I acquired the first two pocket books of it.  (Along with several more cubic feet of manga).  Then a few years back I found the two videotapes at Suncoast (in Japanese with subtitles).  Then a couple of years back the DVD was released, with choice of soundtrack languages.

I know there were a bunch more books and videos released in Japan, including some live-action stuff, but never seen it around here and haven't been back across the Pacific since that one TDY.

Well a quick tab over to an Amazon search and it seems there are a few more items available.  And me presently a pauper.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Scott on December 25, 2007, 05:52:20 pm
Leave us not forget that the "Third-and-a-half Reich," as it is sometimes called, has been led from London since Berlin got nuked by the IRA. The leatherboy officer is not some dissolute Prussian or Bavarian, he is  Obergruppenfuhrer Reginald Clive Leslie Montmorency, Fifth Earl of Flaversham. Previously seen wearing the pink uniform in President Disney's office, way back in Chapter 2.

In other words, a British Peer, who is/was pretty much in charge of the Reich's mission to California, so he could dress up as he damn well pleased.

anything