Scott on November 12, 2007, 11:18:30 pm
There is still a United States in this time-line, and there was still a World War I, and the Germans lost. There is still a Federal Reserve in the U.S. and a central bank in England, so all the conditions necessary for the rise of the Nazis in Germany still held.

There are two differences: 1) Since Hitler emigrated to Texas, the Nazis were led by Ernst Roehm, which is why they tend to like the color pink (this is a comedy, remember); and 2) since there was no U.S. presence in the Pacific, there was no U.S. entry into the Second World War, although they did aid the British clandestinely before the Nazis took the British Isles, and continue to be allied with the British-In-Exile in Canada. Also, the Germans did succeed in smashing the Soviet state in Moscow -- however, they continue to be bogged down there, dealing with a variety of resistance forces.

Mr. Mxyzptlk on November 13, 2007, 10:54:58 pm
Not sure Godwin's Law applies to a thread that's actually about Nazis.

Is there a Topic Lawyer in the house?!?!
My soul was removed to make room for all this sarcasm...

archy on November 20, 2007, 11:04:33 am
I think that it's interesting to notice that the nazi flying wing has a marked resemblance to Jack Northrup's YB-49 of about the same time period not including the wing tip stabilizers if I remember correctly.  The biggest problem with Northrup's a/c was an absolutely vicious stall that killed the test pilot named Edwards.  The same test pilot that Edwards AFB is named after. :(

Clearly, the German Horton Brothers design bureau payed a lot of attention to what Jack and his Norcrafters were up to. Oh, and Reimar and Walter Horten's  Go 229 allwing design used two jet engines.... with  Reimar Horten larger design being the  six-engined  Ho 18 *Amerika* bomber. With a 132 feet wingspan, its span was a bit less than that of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, the largest warplane of World War II, but considerably shorter than the Northrop XB-35 that was in the works from 1941 to 1946.

Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

anything