Rocketman on October 13, 2007, 11:17:34 am
When I got to the part about the "Cartman orifice" I started laughing so hard that I scared my cat and damn near fell off the chair!!!
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

archy on October 17, 2007, 12:34:58 pm
When I got to the part about the "Cartman orifice" I started laughing so hard that I scared my cat and damn near fell off the chair!!!
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hmmm. If they have Cartman, they presumably have at least some other animated classics. We KNOW from the early restaurant scene that the RT world has comics, both classic in our/this timeline, and others of their own.

Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

Steffan on November 21, 2007, 11:24:28 pm
Disney has Morty Mouse, with squarish ears.... you can see the resemblance to Mickey, though.  ISTR reading that Morty was a name he'd been playing with.  The Marx Brothers are obviously alive and well, considering all of the references to Groucho. 

Makes me wonder what Bugs Bunny looks like in this world.  Bugs, apart from the Brooklyn accent, was modeled in large part after Groucho, and IIRC even imitated Groucho in at least a couple of cartoons.  Foghorn Leghorn was a direct imitation of the Senator Claghorn character on the Fred Allen radio show. 

Speaking of which....    8)

Is Benjamin Kubelsky a violin virtuoso, or did he follow his muse into comedy?  Did William Claude Dukenfield stick with juggling and magic tricks, or did he also take the jump into comedy? 

Enquiring minds want to know!   ;D
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

jrl on December 01, 2007, 12:01:47 pm
Walt Disney was originally going to call the star of _Steamboat Willy_ Mortimer Mouse. However his wife insisted that he was Micky, Walt caved and the name stuck.

Steffan on December 12, 2007, 11:21:34 pm
Another idle thought concerns Japanese entertainment forms.  Obviously, in the story timeline, the Pacific side of WWII didn't happen.  Oz and NZ are Nazi strongholds, and Japanese professionals are beginning to flock to Texas. 

Will these new Texicans develop a taste for manga and anime?  Will Sailor Moon fight for Love and Justice under the shadow of the Alamo? 

I think the rules on http://slacker.inklesspen.com/girl.txt "If I Were A Magical Girl" concerning the use of high explosives would apply.... 

;D
Is that a real poncho?  I mean, is that a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

-- Frank Zappa

Sean Roach on December 13, 2007, 07:20:15 pm
Didn't Anime happen in part because post-war GI's introduced the Japanese to Donald Duck?
Without the post-war period, Anime might not have happened.  Which would have been a loss.

Steffan on December 13, 2007, 10:58:37 pm
Depends.  Remember, Walt Disney is the President-for-life of the California Republic.  California and Japan, being at opposite sides of the Pacific, are likely to have a lively trade going.  It wouldn't greatly surprise me if Morty Mouse has been introduced into the Chrysanthemum Empire.   8)

Yes, there are as-yet-unexplained ties between Texas and Japan, which could complicate things just a bit.  However, Texas and California are most definitely not enemies -- you may recall the quite friendly meeting between Col. Morrison and Wild Bill Bear.   ;D

-- Frank Zappa

archy on January 18, 2008, 04:40:11 pm

I think the rules on http://slacker.inklesspen.com/girl.txt "If I Were A Magical Girl" concerning the use of high explosives would apply.... 

;D

You might ask Minnie Mae Hopkins from *Gunsmith Cats* about that/ Last I heard, she was still in Chicago, but making plans to head for Texas with Bean and the rest of the crew....

Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

Steffan on January 18, 2008, 09:57:06 pm
Wouldn't greatly surprise me.

40.  I will remember that while magically charged attacks

are good, magically charged ammunition (especially fired

from automatic weapons) is better in many, many cases.
[/color]

-- Frank Zappa

wdg3rd on February 15, 2011, 08:33:46 pm
The reference is on http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell?page=535 and cross-references the animated series commonly known as South Park.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@comcast.net        http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

jaycat on February 22, 2011, 12:39:37 pm
I love that episode! South park is always pushing the boundaries of comedy pretty hard, which provides a great business continuity to their brand

anything