DrakBibliophile on February 13, 2019, 04:15:13 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1911

I got a chuckle about a "Big Cat" (Monty) interrupting a potential "cat-fight" between Diana & Alyss.  ;)
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Skull the Troll on February 13, 2019, 08:48:39 am

I got a chuckle about a "Big Cat" (Monty) interrupting a potential "cat-fight" between Diana & Alyss.  ;)

Indeed. Though I'm now curious about the contract between them and what it says on expenses. Probably the worst situation is it say that it will cover "reasonable expenses." Not that I want the comic to move into contract law really. but I wonder how a contract dispute would be handled? Arbitration? What happens if one party decides it doesn't want to live by the arbitration? Shunning? What happens if you're like Alyss and you have the resources to live without the good graces of others?

DrakBibliophile on February 13, 2019, 10:07:31 am
As far as Alyss having "the resources to live without the good graces of others", I seriously doubt that she does.

Does she own "farms" that provide her food?

Does she own the "raw materials" that her "factories" use to manufacture her basic needs (or wants).

Does her income depend on others buying goods she manufactures/provides?

Is her income dependent on others "honoring" her patent rights?

IMO she may be very powerful compared to Diana and even powerful enough to defeat any single enemy, but I doubt that she's powerful enough to defeat multiple enemies joining forces against her.

Indeed. Though I'm now curious about the contract between them and what it says on expenses. Probably the worst situation is it say that it will cover "reasonable expenses." Not that I want the comic to move into contract law really. but I wonder how a contract dispute would be handled? Arbitration? What happens if one party decides it doesn't want to live by the arbitration? Shunning? What happens if you're like Alyss and you have the resources to live without the good graces of others?
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

lurkergao on February 13, 2019, 06:32:37 pm
Drak, Alyss absolutely has that did you forget that she took over a planet? Mind you it's a separate instance of herself, but zytemonde alyss and bubbletown alyss are probably cooperating financially and strategically. Alyss also owns several advanced starships with fabbers meaning she can manufacture her own goods if she pulls the raw materials from an asteroids. Those starships probably could produce food but they dont need to. She doesnt eat she's a robot. Doesnt need to breathe either. Only reason she needs other people at all these days is enjoy her social status.

lurkergao on February 13, 2019, 07:17:39 pm
Speaking of social interactions nicole was just about make diana a debt slave to her and diana was about to tell nicole to take this job and shove up her ass and probably turn to piracy. Nicole really has changed. Diana is right she does enjoy lording it over people.

Coyoty on February 15, 2019, 04:28:30 am
I guess Diana's purchase was justified.

UncleRice on February 15, 2019, 08:32:57 am
Ok, if you manage to freak out someone as old as Alyss, you really did something.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

CptNerd on February 15, 2019, 11:41:09 am
Who knew that cyberbody eyes were pneumatic?

lurkergao on February 15, 2019, 11:52:51 am
Oh good the gate dollhouse was worth the price. Alyss has forgotten all about Diana it seems. Is she running helter skelter like that because she is excited about all the science about to be done with her grandson or is it because something has scared her? The oresme shield is supposed to prevent porting nukes into ships and space stations. Could this device be designed to poke a hole in that shield? Maybe she is afraid of being nuked..

Apollo-Soyuz on February 19, 2019, 06:17:01 pm
So it's [page=1913] what I assumed from Monday's strip, there's a "hole" in the shield wall, and it opens up the entire civilized universe to mass casualty attacks by terrorists or bad state actors.

Obviously this needs to be patched ASAP, but why do you think that Hayami would leave important details about the attack behind?

I'm going to state for the record that my fan theory is that when Hayami killed Alyss [page=1393] it had a profound influence on her, and she broke off relations with her former employer. Since Hayami knew that she knew too much, she knew she would shortly be assassinated. She stored a backup copy as well as some information of the planned attack in her dollhouse, knowing that there was a pretty good chance that Diana's obsessive-compulsive "stone-overturning" would eventually find it.

This theory is somewhat opposed by what was said on page=1900

>Kimberly: She was, and she was nearly finished with a masterpiece when she had to leave on some contract job a couple of years ago.

This implies, but doesn't rule out that Hayami never visited her doll house after getting back from Oz. It's also possible that she knew that after Venus23 she would have been watched closely, and thus she uploaded a backup and other information remotely to prevent her former employers from finding the dollhouse. 

That makes Diana's purchase a good idea. As I noted before, Alyss could likely have made a claim but it would likely go to arbitration, giving the baddies plenty of time to steal it.

Edit to add: Perhaps Hayami decided that if she was to be assassinated, then at that point she would decide to switch sides. The dollhouse acts as her "dead drop" and bargaining chip.
page=1901:

>Kimberly: Well, sometimes she'd make a joke about how building this 'péreilleux miniature' was killing her.

>Kimberly: We laughed, not expecting she'd end up getting murdered.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:26:16 pm by Apollo-Soyuz »

anything