DrakBibliophile on January 28, 2019, 10:33:08 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1903

Looks like plenty of people were correct about that "Doll House".  ;D
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on January 29, 2019, 09:12:59 am
I'm guessing it's not a jump gate in the traditional sense or Monty would have just said it was a jump gate. It might be what's behind Diane's symptoms though.

The only two things I'm getting on 4D crystals are ads for those internally engrave blocks of glass and an article on how our 4D universe is a shadow of the 8D universe. No clue on this thing's function.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:49:46 am by UncleRice »
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Skull the Troll on January 31, 2019, 12:19:17 pm
Dimensional travel huh? I wonder what Hugh or Alyss would say about that.

Redwood Elf on February 01, 2019, 10:10:01 pm

well that WAS what they were originally working on. Interesting that two major stories Scott has worked on have essentially reversed plots.

In Quantum Vibe, they're looking for dimension travel and get Teleportation instead.
In The Probability Broach, they're looking for teleportation and get dimension travel instead.

MirrorField on February 04, 2019, 12:22:53 am

well that WAS what they were originally working on. Interesting that two major stories Scott has worked on have essentially reversed plots.

In Quantum Vibe, they're looking for dimension travel and get Teleportation instead.
In The Probability Broach, they're looking for teleportation and get dimension travel instead.

My wild-assed guess: Dollhouse is about ""Pocket dimension" aka. "dimensional transcendence". The Modified gateway is used to access the pocket dimension, the titular "dollhouse" (you really, really do not want your codenames to have any relation with the project itself. Nazis learned this little bit of OpSec the hard way.) There is also probably the advantage that it's immune to Oresme Shield as the pocket dimension itself is in "same location" as the gateway.