DrakBibliophile on December 21, 2018, 02:30:43 pm
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1889

Well, that was a surprise.

Of course, he was bright enough to realize that Diane had done a "turn about" and was trailing her.  :)

I wonder where Scott is going to take this.

Even if Lorelei is "part of the conspiracy", Otto likely could be innocent of involvement.

Will Scott have Otto join Diane's "merry men".  ;)

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on December 21, 2018, 10:46:42 pm
A little too effective to be not terribly bright.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

DrakBibliophile on December 22, 2018, 08:42:50 pm
Of course, Diane's opinions of other people can be flawed.  ;)

A little too effective to be not terribly bright.

DrakBibliophile on January 02, 2019, 09:09:50 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1891

Huh?

Is it just me or does that look like an act?

lurkergao on January 02, 2019, 11:02:30 am
If he is faking this i'd say he is pretty bright. It does seems like he knows his cousin does stuff like this. No attempts at defending her. I'm wondering how this fits in with hayami. Edit: i mean they presumeably had hayami creepily spying on her this entire time. What did they get from this? Was it a background check to recruit her? Blackmail? How did castle peril use knowledge of the other times she did stuff like this that otto is referencing? Doesnt ottos knowledge of prior crimes make him liable of conspiracy charges as well?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 12:46:27 pm by lurkergao »

Apollo-Soyuz on January 02, 2019, 05:06:01 pm
There's no way to tell by sight if he's 12 or 112 years old, although his mannerism could help divine the truth.

Scott keeps us guessing.

(I've been impatiently waiting for QV to start back up, hitting the forum for any discussion over the past week.  But I can't believe I forgot to check for the new strip this AM)

DrakBibliophile on January 02, 2019, 09:57:49 pm
According to https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1768 where we first meet him, he's 14 and this is according to the transcript as quoted below.

DeClayre and Diana are seated at the table. Otto approaches. Otto looks like a 14-year-old boy, which he in fact is. Blond and just a bit rounded.

End Quote

While his hair color isn't blond, the transcript appears to show that Scott sees him as a 14-year-old boy.

Mind you, while he may be 14, he could be mentally much older.  ;)

There's no way to tell by sight if he's 12 or 112 years old, although his mannerism could help divine the truth.

Scott keeps us guessing.

(I've been impatiently waiting for QV to start back up, hitting the forum for any discussion over the past week.  But I can't believe I forgot to check for the new strip this AM)

lurkergao on January 04, 2019, 12:14:39 am
Otto seems pretty practical even a realist even. What about him seems not very bright? Maybe he portrayed himself as idiot to her when he first met since he lost communication skills from being in the presence of a pretty lady?

DrakBibliophile on January 04, 2019, 07:42:03 am
First, Diana may believe that anybody who "has a crush" on a lady who's only interested in females isn't terribly bright.

Second and pure speculation on my part, Otto's real job is to spy on Lorelei so he's playing "not terribly bright" whenever Lorelei might notice him.

Otto seems pretty practical even a realist even. What about him seems not very bright? Maybe he portrayed himself as idiot to her when he first met since he lost communication skills from being in the presence of a pretty lady?

Apollo-Soyuz on January 04, 2019, 10:20:32 am
Good point.

I don't recall a time when Scott has deliberately misinformed in the (non-cannon) transcript, thought he has done some recon.

>DeClayre and Diana are seated at the table. Otto approaches. Otto looks like a 14-year-old boy, which he in fact is. Blond and just a bit rounded.

Scott on January 08, 2019, 10:44:35 am
Good point.

I don't recall a time when Scott has deliberately misinformed in the (non-cannon) transcript, thought he has done some recon.

>DeClayre and Diana are seated at the table. Otto approaches. Otto looks like a 14-year-old boy, which he in fact is. Blond and just a bit rounded.

Only the completed strips are cannon.

The 'transcript' is actually the original script, because that's easier for me to cut-and-paste. Sometimes changes get made in the process of creating the artwork. In this case, the colorist gave Otto blue hair. I could have asked him to change it but decided it worked better for me. It also suggested a kinship between Lorelei and Otto which I hadn't thought of originally but is proving useful as the plot develops.

anything