JanessaVR on December 11, 2018, 06:40:52 pm
I wish to continue supporting you, but I'm in the process of abandoning Patreon.  Could you please setup an account there?

Thanks
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

JanessaVR on January 15, 2019, 07:17:53 pm
SubscribeStar is back!  They've weathered the SJW attack and are back in business.  So, could you please create an account for us to support you there, for those of us who want to get off of Patreon?  Thanks.

customdesigned on January 21, 2019, 09:01:53 am
I wish to continue supporting you, but I'm in the process of abandoning Patreon.  Could you please setup an account there?

Thanks

Hmm.  I'm supporting some artists on Patreon.  What are their sins?  I remember a big flap, but never dug up the details.

JanessaVR on January 25, 2019, 11:54:25 pm
The whole kerfluffle is all over YouTube.  The short version - Patreon's gone on their furthest reaching political purge yet, with no warning, and provoked massive backlash for it (it's cost them a lot of money, and continues to do so).  I'm extracting myself from the platform, one creator at a time.  A half dozen of the creators I (used to) to support have outright refused to open an account elsewhere and I just dropped my support completely.  If they prefer their loyalty to Patreon to my subscription dollars, they can eat that instead.

Sean Roach on January 27, 2019, 09:22:45 pm
I can see an advantage to using a single subscription aggregator, and that would be bookkeeping, namely in keeping track of who is "owed" what level of rewards, and when you've reached milestones where you've promised additional features, but I also recall the advice of a well-published author to not put all your eggs in one basket.

Also, there's probably a bit of laziness in not wanting to go through the rigamarole of figuring out another providers service, their terms and conditions, and adding it as an option for, what at least initially, appears to be negligible gains.

JanessaVR on January 31, 2019, 01:07:26 pm
Thank you, Scott!  I am officially your first patron on Subscribe Star.  ;D