Apollo-Soyuz on December 12, 2018, 08:33:05 am
page=1885

Wook shows some inkling of being a bit more than just a large bumbling, inexperienced bodyguard.

(In a world where you could become a neo-rooster, a furry, or have green skin and an Orion bellydance body, why would anyone want to look like an inexperienced, bumbling bodyguard? Is extra mass useful in hand-to-hand combat in freefall?)

Wook is not piloting, but we know from prior dialog that Areum is a better pilot than Wook. (page=1827)

I have to assume that for story purposes, Diana is about to try something without keeping her bodyguard in the loop. This is  generally what I consider a "bad idea", but makes for a better story from our perspective.

Title is a nod to a joke once told by Steven Wright, though while trying to find the reference, I found a tvtropes page.

UncleRice on December 18, 2018, 11:47:07 am
If the person that was following her now drive straight "home", then they can lead them into a trap. I'm sure they know about chameleon devices.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

DrakBibliophile on December 19, 2018, 12:24:14 pm
That's definite about knowing about chameleon devices.

Now, the person apparently wants to talk.  ;)

If the person that was following her now drive straight "home", then they can lead them into a trap. I'm sure they know about chameleon devices.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!