DrakBibliophile on October 22, 2018, 09:57:19 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1863

First, "Monty Porcupine"?  :P

Second, Diane missed the joke about "Otherwise your neurons will over-heat" or was it a joke?   ;D
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

lee n. field on October 22, 2018, 01:57:08 pm

an homage to the Free State Project logo?

DrakBibliophile on October 22, 2018, 02:43:33 pm
Knowing Scott's politics, I'd agree.  :)

an homage to the Free State Project logo?
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on October 23, 2018, 10:24:23 pm
I don't get the overheat joke. I suppose it's just an "oil prevents friction, which produces heat" joke. and she is questioning monty's level of seriousness.

I like the anaglyph poster and the red/cyan eyes

I'm getting a "wonder drug that works wonders" cannabis vibe. It ain't nobody's business if you do, but hemp ain't gonna save the planet. I'm a supporter of sanity in ending the drug war of course but don't think it's a panacea. I of course wouldn't want to deny anyone a kickass nausea drug over politics either, and believe in self-ownership as a core principle.

We should check back and see if she displaced without issue after the stoner incident. I don't recall anything except for when Diana didn't recall anything.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:29:52 pm by Apollo-Soyuz »

Scott on October 25, 2018, 10:00:23 am
I don't get the overheat joke. I suppose it's just an "oil prevents friction, which produces heat" joke. and she is questioning monty's level of seriousness.

I like the anaglyph poster and the red/cyan eyes

I'm getting a "wonder drug that works wonders" cannabis vibe. It ain't nobody's business if you do, but hemp ain't gonna save the planet. I'm a supporter of sanity in ending the drug war of course but don't think it's a panacea. I of course wouldn't want to deny anyone a kickass nausea drug over politics either, and believe in self-ownership as a core principle.

We should check back and see if she displaced without issue after the stoner incident. I don't recall anything except for when Diana didn't recall anything.

CBD oil doesn't (or isn't supposed to) have THC in it, so getting stoned is not the cure.

CBD oil does get a bit over-sold but there is some good evidence it helps people with Parkinson's Disease, and others maladies that cause seizures. I haven't decided yet whether it will help Diana's headaches. Eventually I'll reveal what's actually causing them.

Apollo-Soyuz on October 25, 2018, 01:34:42 pm
After I posted that last comment I realized we're talking about maybe 3-4 cannabis references in almost 7 years of strips. So I apologist and retract.

There are some people going on about how if we could only grow hemp, we could replace all imported petroleum, and get kick-ass fabric, trail mix, plastic, etc etc etc.

CBD shows very promising results as an anti-seizure medicine, and I know someone who vapes it for back pain relief from a workmans comp related electrical accident. There seems to be a way to do this in many states that only breaks federal law, and of course Big Pharma has just recently put out a standardized extract.   

CBD oil doesn't (or isn't supposed to) have THC in it, so getting stoned is not the cure.

CBD oil does get a bit over-sold but there is some good evidence it helps people with Parkinson's Disease, and others maladies that cause seizures. I haven't decided yet whether it will help Diana's headaches. Eventually I'll reveal what's actually causing them.

customdesigned on October 29, 2018, 09:23:39 am
There are some people going on about how if we could only grow hemp, we could replace all imported petroleum, and get kick-ass fabric, trail mix, plastic, etc etc etc.

That's a bit of an overstatement - biofuels cannot completely replace petroleum, but:

1) hemp is not pot,
2) hemp was a major cash crop in the US before it was banned.
3) the US Constitution was written on hemp paper.
4) hemp fabric is 3 times stronger than cotton, and soft.
5) The Model T use hemp for plastic parts and fuel and "grown in America" was part of its advertising.
6) The banning of hemp was the result of a political conspiracy by industrial competitors to hemp (cotton, paper, petroleum, etc).
7) The excuse given for banning hemp as part of the (unconstitutional) "drug war" was that it "looks like pot".  Of course, japanese maples look like pot.  https://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2008/feb/04/cop_dead_because_informant_misto
8) Hemp and pot are related, and hemp pollen "ruins" pot for "getting high" purposes - so hiding pot in hemp fields is not actually practical.
9) Hemp seeds are a (zero THC) "superfood".
10) Hemp rope is still the gold standard short of future tech (spider silk/carbon fiber/etc).