DrakBibliophile on October 08, 2018, 10:19:58 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1857

Anybody going to bet against that when she does meet Alyss Roaz, young Otto will be there?

She brought him up in conversation in the prior strip so I'm thinking that he'll have a role to play in Scott's story.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on October 10, 2018, 12:04:29 pm
Otto is an odd note in the story. Too front line in the story to be just a back ground character, yet he hasn't done much either.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Apollo-Soyuz on October 10, 2018, 02:12:24 pm
[Alyss Roaz] brought him up in conversation in the prior strip so I'm thinking that he'll have a role to play in Scott's story.

Page number where Alyss spoke about Otto please?  (Otto is not named on page=1857)

DrakBibliophile on October 10, 2018, 03:56:02 pm
Prior Strip as in https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1856

[Alyss Roaz] brought him up in conversation in the prior strip so I'm thinking that he'll have a role to play in Scott's story.

Page number where Alyss spoke about Otto please?  (Otto is not named on page=1857)

Sean Roach on October 11, 2018, 11:07:10 am

I think I see the problem. "Alyss Roaz" was a nom de guerre of Nicole Oresme, and the current client of Diana Martelli.
Diana Martelli mentioned Otto, not ALyss Roaz, who is not present to have made the comment.

ansonmacdonald on October 15, 2018, 08:13:22 am
Caption: I wouldn't call the attraction I still had for Areum a 'crush,' exactly.
Caption: More a persistent, low-level longing.
Caption: But she was clearly not into me. I suspect she's not even into women.

You mean Areum may actually be "into" men?  Not a degenerate?  Gosh!

Skull the Troll on October 17, 2018, 09:10:51 am
Caption: I wouldn't call the attraction I still had for Areum a 'crush,' exactly.

If you think homosexuality is being a degenerate, you're reading an interesting comic. Most of the main characters in this are at least bi.

0z79 on October 17, 2018, 11:01:15 pm

If you think homosexuality is being a degenerate, you're reading an interesting comic. Most of the main characters in this are at least bi.

Dude, don't feed the troll. They are of simple mind and seek validation. Any validation would do. Even someone telling someone else to not "feed the troll".

As a transgender person, I know I have to protect myself from them... most women should look out for them, actually.

Even saying "watch out for that guy, he's an asshole" is more validation than they deserve.

ansonmacdonald on October 18, 2018, 08:30:46 am

I'm not certain how being "at least bi" invalidates anything I said.  I realize the undertow in the entertainment industry at large has a serious tilt in the direction of showing deviant behavior as quite the normal thing; male actors miming sex with other male actors and the same with female actors but there are, at least occasionally, reasons for normal people to express disgust at this.  I've written here before to say that a female character who was bed hopping was not important to an otherwise great story line.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe Scott is at least interested in the opinions of his readers of his product but if I'm wrong I'm sure he'd find a way to let me know.  He certainly doesn't need others to defend him.

bjdotson on October 18, 2018, 02:26:16 pm
as an aside, I assume your username is a callout to Heinlein? I named my son Anson in honor of him.

0z79 on October 19, 2018, 01:04:33 am

I'm not certain how being "at least bi" invalidates anything I said.  I realize the undertow in the entertainment industry at large has a serious tilt in the direction of showing deviant behavior as quite the normal thing; male actors miming sex with other male actors and the same with female actors but there are, at least occasionally, reasons for normal people to express disgust at this.  I've written here before to say that a female character who was bed hopping was not important to an otherwise great story line.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe Scott is at least interested in the opinions of his readers of his product but if I'm wrong I'm sure he'd find a way to let me know.  He certainly doesn't need others to defend him.

Calling a bi or gay person a "degenerate" is what could, colloquially, be known as "a real bitch move."
I'm not trying to silence you or anything, just letting you know. It wasn't too long ago that people like the main character wore a pink triangle in a concentration camp.

ansonmacdonald on October 19, 2018, 07:53:36 am

Calling a bi or gay person a "degenerate" is what could, colloquially, be known as "a real bitch move."
I'm not trying to silence you or anything, just letting you know. It wasn't too long ago that people like the main character wore a pink triangle in a concentration camp.

But you are trying to silence me by using the Nazi label.  I haven't said anything about locking people up or loading them onto trains, and as a point of fact I've spent a considerably long lifetime leaving people alone.  I don't think the same can be said of those who depict fringe populations as normal and while they're at it, insist the rest of us accept that assertion as well.  If you're offended when someone wrinkles their nose you'll have to find your own way of living with it as those of us who refuse to celebrate the "lifestyles" of those who engage in the aforementioned behavior have done.  However, saying that does not rule out the contrary opinion.  Homosexuality is still viewed as degenerate behavior by most normal people, whether or not they give voice to it.  It is not life affirming, a zero sum game since it doesn't reproduce itself as humanity has done since forever.

DrakBibliophile on October 19, 2018, 12:31:53 pm
ansonmacdonald, I personally believe that homosexual activity is sinful but I also think "picking a fight" is if not sinful, is Not A Good Thing.

As far as I'm concerned, you are just attempting to pick a fight.  >:(

ansonmacdonald on October 19, 2018, 12:54:38 pm
ansonmacdonald, I personally believe that homosexual activity is sinful but I also think "picking a fight" is if not sinful, is Not A Good Thing.

I didn't intend to Drak and I will drop this matter right now.  I originally made a brief comment to express an opinion which was as far as I intended it to go.  Being compared to an asshole or a Nazi seemed to demand a reply of sorts but as I say, others have made their point as have I and I'm done with this thread.

Scott on October 25, 2018, 09:57:05 am

I didn't intend to Drak and I will drop this matter right now.  I originally made a brief comment to express an opinion which was as far as I intended it to go.  Being compared to an asshole or a Nazi seemed to demand a reply of sorts but as I say, others have made their point as have I and I'm done with this thread.

For the record: I'm very straight, and have produced two sons, but also have a lot of gay, lesbian and bi friends. I don't consider them degenerates, any more than I consider those who prefer stories like _Downton Abbey_, to science fiction, degenerate. Different strokes for different folks. Some of the bi women I'd love to "lay" with. I don't care what Hollywood does, I tell the stories I have in me.

But I do appreciate feed-back from readers, even the negative remarks.