DrakBibliophile on August 22, 2018, 04:42:10 pm
I.E. The means for staying alive longer to gain greater enlightenment?  ;)

https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1837
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on August 23, 2018, 08:18:36 am
Everything that allows you to live longer leads to at least the opportunity for greater enlightenment.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Apollo-Soyuz on August 23, 2018, 10:03:43 am
So they have a series of dedicated hoppers to move between floors, and likely between different places on different floors

Areum says the hoppers are safer, this is probably from the possibility of an attack. You will note she's taking the grav-lifts nose-down to more easily look for threats.

I remember when Diana was terrified of the grav-lifts, but she never said anything as I recall about the "displacement headaches" before she got her 'plant (short of the first hopper trip where the change in gravity was sensed as "falling downward".)  Lorelei may be on to something.

UncleRice on August 24, 2018, 09:13:02 am
4 tracking devices, 4 spy cameras, but the remote disabler is disabled...

1: Lorelei wants Diane to succeed, but also wants to know what she is working on.

2: Lorelei has some of Diane's enemies working in her garage.

3: Diane needs to have her body scanned for implanted explosives. That would be just as effective as a remote disabler on the car.

4: Lorelei is playing both sides? She is doing it badly. Maybe a third party? The environment is ripe for multiple factions to be pursuing their own agendas and taking advantage of a competitors problem is only good business.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

anything