Skull the Troll on July 24, 2018, 08:22:35 pm
Not sure what two bodyguards are going to do. S&H can presumably bring dozens. A better plan would be to equip them with live streaming video devices. The only thing she seems to have going for her is S&H doesnt want bad press.

Apollo-Soyuz on July 26, 2018, 06:35:51 am
I'd add a brain backup session to that list. She could always become a victim of an assassin.

Also, if her current assurance agency is holding her brain backups, presumably that needs to be fixed.

If S&H holds someone's brain backup and is corrupt, I don't see a defense against S&H illegally accessing the backup rather than interrogating a person of interest in public while they are livestreaming.

Skull the Troll on July 26, 2018, 12:17:44 pm
Yikes! That's an ugly thought. I wonder how encrypted they are. Of course you could always just put it in an android body and then interrogate that. We saw in Assimulation even a robot can be tortured into submission or madness.

Apollo-Soyuz on July 26, 2018, 10:21:53 pm
hopefully you would have one party hold the encrypted brain backup, and another party hold the key.  Best that they don't know each other too.

This reminds me of an earlier comment I made on the board about someone stealing a copy of my brain backup and creating and sending an evil Soyuz-Apollo to take out the original Apollo-Soyuz. A variation of that theme was an element in the last QV story.

>Dong: But it also comes from knowing the right people, and being known by them.  (page=1825 #4)

I would think that if there was a "chinatown" district in France, it might be quite hard for a bobby-head assassin to discreetly spy around the neighborhood or try to make a professional hit.

JanessaVR on July 27, 2018, 12:59:24 am
I bet her sweet new ride comes complete with its own tracking and passenger surveillance suite - completely free of charge!
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

Skull the Troll on July 27, 2018, 09:18:19 am
I bet her sweet new ride comes complete with its own tracking and passenger surveillance suite - completely free of charge!
I'm not going to take that bet. Theres a deeper game going on here.

UncleRice on July 28, 2018, 12:02:50 pm
I would say take the car, but switch half way there and send it out in space until the case is closed. There should be a way to send it cruising around in space for several months to give the Trojan something to do. I though about it having a remotely triggered self destruct (car bomb), but this would be the hard way to kill her.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Coyoty on July 30, 2018, 03:35:34 am
Vomit widely one time during high speed maneuvers, and they don't let you forget it.

0z79 on August 01, 2018, 01:12:06 pm
I... HATE monkeys. When I was a little nerd, a monkey grabbed my mechanical pencil out of my shirt pocket, played with it for a bit and dropped it in the poo on the bottom of his cage.

HATE the little assholes.