Skull the Troll on June 27, 2018, 12:15:12 pm
I imagine FDR is a bad sign in this comic for sure, but I like him just fine.  :D

UncleRice on June 27, 2018, 05:11:06 pm
Hmm, if Juan they have Juan, he should be able to tell them she isn't guilty, so this is obviously a trap. I find it hard to believe that no security corp would represent and protect her under the condition that she surrender. Especially if she has reason to believe their competitor was compromised. It sounds like she is being given FUD in with a very beta solution to her problem. Spending the rest of this investigation in a holding cell may be the safest thing for her though. It may be up to Zander to complete it.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Quinlan73 on June 28, 2018, 09:25:20 pm
Surrender? Does anyone want to place bets?

DrakBibliophile on June 29, 2018, 08:39:58 am
If Lorelei is an enemy, she is going about "being an enemy" in a very strange way.  ;)
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

UncleRice on June 29, 2018, 09:12:00 am
Doing the whole surrender in such a public way is a much better way to do this than the way it sounded the first time.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

macnut on June 29, 2018, 09:32:56 am
If Lorelei is an enemy, she is going about "being an enemy" in a very strange way.  ;)

I don't consider Lorelei to be an enemy, however she did take in someone who turned out to be a very hot potato. Naturally she wants to get rid of that hot potato as quickly and as safely as possible. The simplest way to do this would have been to let S&M agents in while Diana was sleeping and let them take her, if she had been an enemy, that is. Arranging a well-publicized surrender like this is a friendly act, and like someone else said, the safest place for Diana might be a holding cell.

I was rather surprised that Juan was found alive though. I got the distinct impression that he did not survive his kidnapping and interrogation; maybe it was because he managed to convince them he knew nothing that could hurt them?
The MacNut, Creator of the superhero space opera webcomic The Vanguard

Coyoty on July 01, 2018, 03:26:19 am

You can have a lot of access to your victim and cause a lot of damage if you convince her you can be trusted.

DrakBibliophile on July 01, 2018, 09:04:01 pm
By helping Diane go public about the conspiracy that Lorelei is part of?

You can have a lot of access to your victim and cause a lot of damage if you convince her you can be trusted.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Coyoty on July 02, 2018, 02:35:46 am
The publicity is about S&H's abuse of Diana, not the attacks S&H was investigating.  Lorelei now has control of the situation and the information, and she's keeping Diana unbalanced by the speed at which everything is going.

By helping Diane go public about the conspiracy that Lorelei is part of?

Skull the Troll on July 02, 2018, 08:43:57 am

A public "confession" from Lorelei during the broadcast would seal Diana up pretty tight. If we make it through the broadcast with out things going pear shaped then I'll believe shes a good guy.

UncleRice on July 03, 2018, 09:24:07 am
I'm guessing her current look is the local equivalent of the helpless innocent girl look, as opposed to the hard boiled private eye look.

Parrhesia on July 03, 2018, 11:54:28 pm
I just want to know what it would take to get the real Diana to wear that dress.

UncleRice on July 04, 2018, 11:12:19 am
Oye, that explains the objective of her host. She's using this as an opportunity to slander belt apes.

Alternatively, she could be trying to discredit Diana and her employer. If this is the case, then she may also be styled up to look like some notorious anti- beltape person. This means Diana has a very short time to butt in and set the record straight loudly and clearly. Why Lorelei would damage her own brand like this when it would be so much easier to make Diana just disappear, is a puzzle.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:38:46 pm by UncleRice »

Apollo-Soyuz on July 08, 2018, 04:31:03 pm
> ...and three figures Dong Gyeon-Hoon, Areum, and another rather stout female dressed similarly to Areum, standing by.

Must be from page=1814 panel 4

>Diana: All right. But when I go in, I want to bring back-up with me.

>Lorelei: By all means, call in whoever you think can help you.

>Lorelei: But they need to be ready in two hours.

Also, Otto keeps reminding me of Bob's big boy. If he was wearing checkers I'd bump the homage thread.

Skull the Troll on July 08, 2018, 05:43:10 pm
Yup, Looking like Lorelei is a bad guy.