Coyoty on June 11, 2018, 03:19:20 am
I suspect that Lorelei is responsible for the attacks on Juan and Diana and that may be why she's startled that Diana would be going to her for help.  She may be happy to "protect" Diana from S&H, so she can hold her without appearing to be the villain, and get more information and compliance from her.  In this case, S&H were hurting Diana for her own good, and Lorelei would be helping her for her own bad.  Diana may have thought of this, though, and intentionally be playing innocent to get closer to Lorelei for investigation.

UncleRice on June 11, 2018, 09:34:11 am
Well, if nothing else, this will establish whether she is to be trusted.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

bjdotson on June 11, 2018, 01:33:22 pm
Breaking somebody's arm "for their own good" seems a little to much like government logic to me. I can see no scenario where that would be or should be permissible. A lethal response to that type of assault would be defensible, if possible.

0z79 on June 11, 2018, 04:06:17 pm
"For their own good"... you mean like how the British Empire handled native peoples?

Skull the Troll on June 11, 2018, 06:49:22 pm
Breaking somebody's arm "for their own good" seems a little to much like government logic to me. I can see no scenario where that would be or should be permissible. A lethal response to that type of assault would be defensible, if possible.

This is why it isn't about the government. S&H isn't a government agency. There are no government agencies. No matter your system theres going to be assholes with weapons and oppression on their minds.

JanessaVR on June 18, 2018, 03:07:47 pm
For #1809:

The rot in Bubbleopolis looks pretty deep.  I hope their efforts will lead to draining the swamp.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

UncleRice on June 19, 2018, 08:16:47 am
As soon as she gets some better evidence she will need to dump the whole thing into the news feeds. I wonder if that gorilla reporter from Luna is still around.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

JanessaVR on June 20, 2018, 12:17:08 am
To Scott:

There's a minor mistake in strip #1810.  In panel 3, "So I have him my report" should be "So I gave him my report."
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

bjdotson on June 20, 2018, 12:24:24 pm

This is why it isn't about the government. S&H isn't a government agency. There are no government agencies. No matter your system theres going to be assholes with weapons and oppression on their minds.
I know it isn't government. What I said was it is too reminiscent of government logic to my liking and that considering the type of society shown I believe that lethal response is not only appropriate but even laudatory.

Sean Roach on June 20, 2018, 04:51:25 pm
To Scott:

There's a minor mistake in strip #1810.  In panel 3, "So I have him my report" should be "So I gave him my report."

Are you aware of the "Errata" thread?

Parrhesia on June 22, 2018, 10:38:55 am
In any other comic, a portrait of FDR might pass without comment - in this one, it's just about the last straw.

Sean Roach on June 22, 2018, 02:14:48 pm
In any other comic, a portrait of FDR might pass without comment - in this one, it's just about the last straw.

Wow. I missed that. And Washington, too. If they're side-by-side on that wall, I would presume the rest of the wall, covered up by the narrative, is similarly festooned.
Run, Diana. You're in the den of wolves.

Edit. We have limousine liberals today. What do you call the well-heeled in an an-cap society, who thinks things would be just that much better with a central government?
space-yacht statists?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:18:36 pm by Sean Roach »

UncleRice on June 23, 2018, 10:21:50 am
Unless it is a museum of history for educational purposes and keeping track of where they've been, FDR's portrait is definitely a problem.

Scott on June 25, 2018, 12:10:42 pm

That's not FDR, that's Brian Mulroney. And he and Washington are there for a reason which will be revealed later.

UncleRice on June 26, 2018, 09:33:01 am

That's not FDR, that's Brian Mulroney. And he and Washington are there for a reason which will be revealed later.
Well, a positive spin would be that both of those men seem to have tried to make things better using the tools they had at their disposal and had mixed results.

anything