Apollo-Soyuz on June 01, 2018, 01:01:35 pm
Well, she did go to a lot of effort to grab her flyer.  (page=1802)

• secret escape hatch
  • blast your own escape hatch
  • secret displacer booth

Guesses in that order.

Apollo-Soyuz on June 01, 2018, 01:11:15 pm
4. "dial a remote displacer service" ambulance and rescue from anywhere in Oz, using the new Jackson-Libbi remote displacers.

lurkergao on June 01, 2018, 03:18:00 pm
These cops is crooked. Of course she'd be paranoid after her apartment got wrecked who wouldnt? Beltape immediately breaks arm of witness/suspect. Not a single arrest being made mind you just talk or else. The problem is how they are going to spin this. Hope diana is somehow recording this.

Quinlan73 on June 01, 2018, 06:32:20 pm
Diana didn't need to have her place burgled to be paranoid. She was born that way.

Bob G on June 04, 2018, 12:01:48 am
Ooooohhhh, S&H is going to be liable for so much in repartions . . .  :-)

So is agent Cock-a-doo-dle-doo just a stupid (Belt)ape, or is she actually in league with Diana's enemies?
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Drolekirts on June 04, 2018, 06:25:17 am

Yeah, about that...Scott clearly shows Diana picking up her briefcase/flyer and carrying it into the next room (page 1802), but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight on the next page (1803), and she seems to be leaping through the portal without it. Chekhov's briefcase?
"If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side..!"

Apollo-Soyuz on June 04, 2018, 07:42:49 am
We should see it in panel one, because it's too large to fit behind a thought rectangle.

Two and three fail to show the ground fully, and of course in #4 it would be held in the good hand, which is out of the picture.

We're nitpicking here. It doesn't destroy the storyline, and I'm 100% sure she's got it with her.

Yeah, about that...Scott clearly shows Diana picking up her briefcase/flyer and carrying it into the next room (page 1802), but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight on the next page (1803), and she seems to be leaping through the portal without it. Chekhov's briefcase?

DrakBibliophile on June 04, 2018, 10:16:19 am
It looks like (in the final panel) that she has it slung over her shoulder.

We should see it in panel one, because it's too large to fit behind a thought rectangle.

Two and three fail to show the ground fully, and of course in #4 it would be held in the good hand, which is out of the picture.

We're nitpicking here. It doesn't destroy the storyline, and I'm 100% sure she's got it with her.

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on June 04, 2018, 12:53:50 pm
I'm not seeing that. However, the (non-canon) script says:

>Panel 4

>Slinging her flyer-case forward, Diana jumps through the gate.

It looks like (in the final panel) that she has it slung over her shoulder.

Drolekirts on June 04, 2018, 04:50:49 pm

You're right, about the nitpicking. I don't mean to be critical; it's just that Scott has trained us to be hyper-vigilant because of all of the "little things" he slips into his stories!

Also, the briefcase is clearly seen on the floor in panel one of strip 1803; I don't know how I missed it on my first read. And the point made about using her uninjured limb is a great point; she clearly uses her left hand and arm to carry it in 1802. (pretty obvious, again, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself). I really don't see it as she leaps through in the last panel, though it COULD be obscured by the trench coat.

Well, if she has it on the other side of the portal, I'm not going to bitch about it. As you've pointed out, it doesn't destroy the storyline. If it is a glitch, Scott's earned so much goodwill as a writer and artist that I'm going to shut the f..k up and keep reading.
"If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side..!"

Sean Roach on June 04, 2018, 08:18:21 pm

You're right, about the nitpicking. I don't mean to be critical; it's just that Scott has trained us to be hyper-vigilant because of all of the "little things" he slips into his stories!

Also, the briefcase is clearly seen on the floor in panel one of strip 1803; I don't know how I missed it on my first read. And the point made about using her uninjured limb is a great point; she clearly uses her left hand and arm to carry it in 1802. (pretty obvious, again, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself). I really don't see it as she leaps through in the last panel, though it COULD be obscured by the trench coat.

Well, if she has it on the other side of the portal, I'm not going to bitch about it. As you've pointed out, it doesn't destroy the storyline. If it is a glitch, Scott's earned so much goodwill as a writer and artist that I'm going to shut the f..k up and keep reading.
Two words. "Invisible neckbeard"

Bob G on June 06, 2018, 08:14:05 am
1804 - " . . .hacking Kempadoo to bits with my shovel."

So Diana has been training in martial arts with her mentor Nicole/Alyss?  }:-)
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Scott on June 06, 2018, 08:35:30 am
Mea culpa: This missing flyer-case in the first panel was an error. I've since fixed it.

And no, Diana hasn't been training in Martial arts. At least not formally. This is just a call-back to when she killed that enforcer-bot with a shovel back on Zytemonde in the Venus 23 arc.

Skull the Troll on June 06, 2018, 09:48:03 am
Humpf. Looks like the all three of them are in on it. Bethany looked a bit surprised and did question Kempadoo weakly, but shes still following orders and not all that concerned that they just broke a clients arm and have her "besieged" in her apartment. They also seem to be having a bit of a brain fart moment. How could they not think that she could teleport out of there? She works directly for the inventor of teleportation, a tech that has existed for 500 years. Its like if a cop today saw a Maglite employee run into a cave and thought "well at least she can't see in the dark of that cave..."

anything