Quinlan73 on May 28, 2018, 10:58:48 pm
Based on where Diana's wrist is being gripped, she can still bend her wrist and administer her "lethal response".

DrakBibliophile on May 29, 2018, 07:34:50 am
Right now, I'm suspecting that "Dome-Head" will interrupt the situation and will prove to be an ally for Diana.

Of course, I've been wrong before.  ;)
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on May 29, 2018, 04:05:58 pm
They never learn - unless Agent Poopadoo was forewarned by her associates and is wearing some sort of flash-resistant contacts . . .

in the script, but not shown> Agents Tieman and Verdana are even more taken aback.

If she can't use her Zringer and Kempadoo is ready for the flashing device, we have one more trick that we know Diana has in her hand ...if she can reach it of course.

JanessaVR on May 30, 2018, 12:28:43 am
Ok, I'm pretty sure she can press some charges against this guy (or whatever the equivalent is with S&H) and give them some VERY bad press over this.

Personally, I hope she just shoots him in the head.  He's got it coming at this point.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

Coyoty on May 30, 2018, 02:41:54 am
Ok, I'm pretty sure she can press some charges against this guy (or whatever the equivalent is with S&H) and give them some VERY bad press over this.

Personally, I hope she just shoots him in the head.  He's got it coming at this point.

That's a woman.

Definitely going to arbitration.

El Jefe on May 30, 2018, 02:47:50 am
Oh, Snap!

Quinlan73 on May 30, 2018, 09:44:27 am
Okay, this so-called, "insurance company" needs a serious personnel review.

UncleRice on May 30, 2018, 10:51:36 am
This guy better hope he has a back up, she's not going to play nice next turn.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Skull the Troll on May 30, 2018, 12:16:34 pm

With what? the zringer is out of the equation right now. I'm tempted to say that this answers the question on whether S&H is corrupt now, but this a noir style story. They frequently have reveals later that shift our understand of the motivations. I gotta say I'm liking the format and the shift from out normal characters perspectives. It's added a lot to the world-building.

Apollo-Soyuz on May 30, 2018, 07:00:56 pm
With what? the zringer is out of the equation right now.

It's fired/triggered by her 'plant, so if she can aim it with her other hand...

(Also her other device has a 1.5 meter safe zone, the rouge agent is too close)

Skull the Troll on May 31, 2018, 08:22:16 am

Assuming she can think at all through the pain, I don't think Kim is going to let her remove the deadly weapon with her other hand and point it at her. Hopefully she has another zringer in her pocket. They are tiny I don't know why you wouldn't have 5-6 of them all over you if you were in a business that gets violent occasionally. That said, from a story perspective, you don't just waste a good villain like that, so I doubt that's whats going to happen.

Redwood Elf on May 31, 2018, 08:46:31 am
Needless to say, I don't think this is going to end well for the poor Beltape. For all we know, her "Flashy thing" Also has a zriger style weapon built in and all she needs to do is tap the "Death ray" button with her other hand.

UncleRice on May 31, 2018, 01:40:35 pm

With what? the zringer is out of the equation right now. I'm tempted to say that this answers the question on whether S&H is corrupt now, but this a noir style story. They frequently have reveals later that shift our understand of the motivations. I gotta say I'm liking the format and the shift from out normal characters perspectives. It's added a lot to the world-building.
She was using her pendant weapon on low power the first time, I presume it was still on low power. I don't think she will do it a third time.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

macnut on May 31, 2018, 02:20:46 pm

Assuming she can think at all through the pain, I don't think Kim is going to let her remove the deadly weapon with her other hand and point it at her. Hopefully she has another zringer in her pocket. They are tiny I don't know why you wouldn't have 5-6 of them all over you if you were in a business that gets violent occasionally.

The problem with the "extra zringer in the pocket" thing is that you generally need two working hands to put a ring on. With that wrist broken her other hand's going to be flopping about like a dying fish, useless  to her. Assuming she can break Agent Kempadoo's grip of course, which she has so far been unable to do, and now she has the additional handicap of pain and incoming shock. I think I agree with the others that her only real chance now is if her neck "flasher" has a higher-powered more lethal setting.

Of course, if she kills Kempadoo, she'll most likely have to kill the other two as well, since they are likely to try to kill her in turn, thinking they need to defend themselves. And killing S&H agents is likely to cause a whole new level of trouble for her - at the very least she'll have the rest of the agency after her.

The MacNut, Creator of the superhero space opera webcomic The Vanguard

UncleRice on June 01, 2018, 07:50:13 am
That girl is becoming a giant booby trap. A walking land mine.