Rocketman on October 11, 2009, 01:40:48 pm
Basically, your right.  There is no difference.  Both want more and more power for themselves.  The difference is what they would do with that power if the get it.  The republicans would spend it more on law enforcement such as drug "enforcement" that sort of thing, of course they would get the confiscated cars boats and houses and use that money to enlarge their programs.  The democracts would spend it on "social" programs.  Making a whole lot of people dependant on you and getting them to vote for you is smart from their perspective I suppose.  Since around the time of Nixon it's been getting a lot worse.

quadibloc on November 12, 2009, 10:09:44 pm
Although I found this comic entertaining, it was left-wing even by my standards too. And, of course, one usually associates conspiracy theories with the right...

Scott on November 16, 2009, 10:41:57 am
I rather suspect that as Obama continues to disappoint his base, conspiracy theories will become more popular in left-wing camps. I'm already seeing it among those anti-war leftists who have stuck to their principles.

Rocketman on November 16, 2009, 12:32:08 pm
I consider myself a right wing libertarian and I feel let down by Obama too (of course I didn't vote for him)  I knew that he was going to be more left wing than he said he was going to be but at least I had some small hope that he might actually pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan and possibly reform some of the worst excess of the Patriot Act and so on.  Nowadays I just assume that anything that a democrat of republican politician says is a lie and don't get my hopes up even a little bit.   :'(