JanessaVR on May 02, 2018, 03:16:38 pm
Y'know, if I were Dana, the first thing I'd do once I met up with Nicole again would be to use a device to give her circuits a good jolt and demand "What the feek have you gotten me into?"
She has no cause to.  They already knew the job was extremely dangerous.  That's why they're getting paid so much.  If you take the job with hazard pay, expect to encounter some hazards.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

Coyoty on May 03, 2018, 03:39:42 am
There is no reason he HAS to wake up as a tinman. That is probably the most expeditious and likely the more inexpensive solution, but they could probably build him a meat body, and possibly even copy his memories over to it.
Alternately, they could build him a meat body, possibly by growing up a clone from him, but with the brain excised, or possibly arranging for his cell cultures to take over a properly bleached corpse, then plug in a planktronic brain. Either course could take longer than backing up to metal.

We don't know that they have the technology yet.

JanessaVR on May 03, 2018, 04:15:46 pm
We don't know that they have the technology yet.
Given everything else they can do, I don't see how they don't have this level of technology available.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

lurkergao on May 04, 2018, 06:06:14 pm
What i meant was that the room he's in has no doors and he is being tortured with magic jewelry. The world he's expeirencing could be a simulation wired to his backup. If most backups are kept by smith and holder you would gain great secrets from copying said backups and interrogating them. This might be the antagonists end game. Edit: and for ppl who dont think they have this tech i refer to exhibit A. Eithne's virtual reality games from previous story.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:03:23 am by lurkergao »

Bob G on May 16, 2018, 12:53:07 am
Um, how do we know there are no doors?  We may not be able to *see* doors 'cuz we're in a pool of very bright light in an otherwise very dark room; doesn't mean doors aren't there.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song