Skull the Troll on February 27, 2018, 11:33:16 am
Smith and Holder is coming up as a plot point. I wonder if were going to see Antigone again. I was always hoping that they could reconcile with her, she was one of my favorite minor characters.

Sean Roach on February 27, 2018, 03:28:47 pm
According to Hugh, in his first appearance as such, Antigone and his former self's former fiancee were both killed by Wokka Dng Hoy, the megacorp that had held him captive: Antigone in combat, Dr. Diamondi by torture.

http://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1090

lurkergao on March 01, 2018, 12:53:01 am
She was killed off screen. The only way she would be back is if reports of her death were highly exaggerated...

customdesigned on March 01, 2018, 03:33:02 pm
Antigone might have a backup and come back as an artifolk.  Maybe we'll discover that robot Antigone is not quite the old Antigone, just like robot Nicole is not quite the same Nicole.  Maybe that has something to do with Smith and Holder corruption.

Sean Roach on March 02, 2018, 10:36:17 am
Antigone might have a backup and come back as an artifolk.  Maybe we'll discover that robot Antigone is not quite the old Antigone, just like robot Nicole is not quite the same Nicole.  Maybe that has something to do with Smith and Holder corruption.

Do you know how many corporations have had data breaches and decided to conceal, rather than publish, the fact? They depend on their reputation of solidity to keep and grow their customer base, and have hidden embarrassing things, not out of malice or changed ideals, but because they fear the information hitting them where it hurts: their pocketbooks. Ultimately, their ideals come second to their "responsibility" to their shareholders. For the same reason, "good" men, (and some "good" women) in some institutions which have recently been in the news, have kept silent about suspected criminal abuses and other unacceptable behavior because to speak up is to pay a cost they aren't prepared to pay.
Ask yourselves, when was the last time "Dixie Chicks" had a hit single? I think their last one was before they publicly disagreed with Bush Jr. during the height of his popularity. Now, he's since lost much of his luster with the general population, but have you heard a new song by them since? Going along to get along is so much easier. No one comes after the anonymous crowd who stood aside and let something happen.

An "Assurance company" concealing their failings to avoid embarrassment, and likely lost revenues, is just,.. normal.
Juan Gomez valuing his scruples above his job, and therefore breaking the rules to see a murderer caught, is an aberration, not the norm.

Remember. Easy isn't always right, right isn't always easy, and corporations are like sociopaths*; they choose what's best for them.

* The exception to this are corporations that are still effectively an extension of their founder or board, and whose founder or board consider the image of the corporation to be part of their own public image. Wal-Mart isn't the same since Sam Walton died. Chick-fil-a will probably lose direction should the Cathy family lose control.

Skull the Troll on March 02, 2018, 11:55:09 am

Do you know how many corporations have had data breaches and decided to conceal, rather than publish, the fact? They depend on their reputation of solidity to keep and grow their customer base, and have hidden embarrassing things, not out of malice or changed ideals, but because they fear the information hitting them where it hurts: their pocketbooks. Ultimately, their ideals come second to their "responsibility" to their shareholders. For the same reason, "good" men, (and some "good" women) in some institutions which have recently been in the news, have kept silent about suspected criminal abuses and other unacceptable behavior because to speak up is to pay a cost they aren't prepared to pay.
Ask yourselves, when was the last time "Dixie Chicks" had a hit single? I think their last one was before they publicly disagreed with Bush Jr. during the height of his popularity. Now, he's since lost much of his luster with the general population, but have you heard a new song by them since? Going along to get along is so much easier. No one comes after the anonymous crowd who stood aside and let something happen.

An "Assurance company" concealing their failings to avoid embarrassment, and likely lost revenues, is just,.. normal.
Juan Gomez valuing his scruples above his job, and therefore breaking the rules to see a murderer caught, is an aberration, not the norm.

Remember. Easy isn't always right, right isn't always easy, and corporations are like sociopaths*; they choose what's best for them.

* The exception to this are corporations that are still effectively an extension of their founder or board, and whose founder or board consider the image of the corporation to be part of their own public image. Wal-Mart isn't the same since Sam Walton died. Chick-fil-a will probably lose direction should the Cathy family lose control.

If you're referring to the gay-marriage opposition activities of Chick-fil-a, they already changed direction on that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

Sean Roach on March 05, 2018, 08:09:48 pm
Actually, I wasn't. I was referring to the not open on Sundays.

Skull the Troll on March 07, 2018, 12:13:28 pm
She was killed off screen. The only way she would be back is if reports of her death were highly exaggerated...

Naw, Seamus was killed in that prison too technically. And now with today's comic we have someone who looks suspiciously like an older Dr. Diamondi. That said, I'm usually wrong about these things.

Bob G on March 09, 2018, 06:57:03 am
. . . with today's comic we have someone who looks suspiciously like an older Dr. Diamondi . . .

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that . . .
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

anything