Quinlan73 on December 05, 2017, 03:44:46 pm
I'm getting a strong film noir feeling from the first strip. Dian's working for a private investigator only increases this feeling.

Scott on December 06, 2017, 03:42:58 pm
Oh, good. That's the effect I'm going for. Hard-boiled detective story in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Coyoty on December 07, 2017, 04:24:24 am
A detective in space without a suit will be hard and boiled.

wdg3rd on December 08, 2017, 09:21:25 pm
We need some good noir around here.  Most of QV has been too cheerful.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

UncleRice on December 09, 2017, 08:45:26 am
This is more or less what I would expect of someone like her achieving in her time in this new city. She's doing what she knows best while learning the ropes of her adopted home. At some point in the future I would expect her to research options for collecting more pay, or some equivalent once she starts wrapping her head around her new society.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Sean Roach on December 09, 2017, 06:52:13 pm
I could have sworn that that last panel had her contemplating searching the classifieds for a better, more reliably paying job on her day off, rather than reading up on case law.

Butte Bill on December 09, 2017, 11:02:25 pm
Sean, your alternate reality is showing. In the last panel Dian was experiencing Eithne-ui and complaining about being poor, while driving her suitcase/flying car. Truly one of my favorite panels of the year.

UncleRice on December 11, 2017, 08:24:17 am
Sean, your alternate reality is showing. In the last panel Dian was experiencing Eithne-ui and complaining about being poor, while driving her suitcase/flying car. Truly one of my favorite panels of the year.
Owning a flying car that fits in a suitcase is really awesome until you realize it's the local equivalent of a Pinto.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.