DrakBibliophile on November 10, 2017, 07:28:12 pm
I'm wondering if the Gamer Gods have "bitten off" more than they can chew when they invited Eithne to take part in their "Fun And Games".

Yes, they have thousands of years of practice (IIRC this wasn't their first gaming secession), but they may have also been playing the games only between the four of them.

They may have gotten into habits of play that Eithne will be able to use against them.

Since these Gamers seem very human like in mentality, I suspect that they have some sort of "super-computers" to allow themselves to be so god-like.

If they are serious about having Eithne take part in their games, they'd have to give Eithne some link to their "super-computers" to make her an equal (or near-equal) to them.

So perhaps Eithne may learn more about their "technology" than they suspect she could.

Of course, I'm also wondering if they are the only ones of their kind in the universe.

Are they youngsters of their kind and what would their Elders think about them allowing Eithne to link to their "super-computers"?

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

jmsr7 on November 11, 2017, 01:30:15 am
Eh, i'm a bit unclear as to what Ethine's role is.  The Cush were supposed to be an NPC race operating according to a background story.  If they are now a player race (?) then Ethine has some pretty hefty advantages and disadvantages with their superior tech and inability to innovate.

UncleRice on November 13, 2017, 09:10:30 am
Eh, i'm a bit unclear as to what Ethine's role is.  The Cush were supposed to be an NPC race operating according to a background story.  If they are now a player race (?) then Ethine has some pretty hefty advantages and disadvantages with their superior tech and inability to innovate.
The Borg inability to innovate is less of a problem than their insistence on frontal brute force attacks. If Ethine were to use some Tal Shiar style underhanded spy type actions with the Cush, then the Cush become enormously powerful.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

anything