emb021 on November 10, 2017, 09:09:55 am
So saw today's comic (end of the story line).

So what happened to Ralf?  We see two others of his race with Eithne.  Would have thought we'd see him as one of the 2.  Did something happen to him during the Cush attack?  Did he not survive?  Surprised he wasn't mentioned or did I miss something.

DrakBibliophile on November 10, 2017, 11:58:58 am
Those "Cat-People" seem more human-like than Ralf (or others of his species).

I wondered if they were "special creations" of the Gamer Gods rather than part of  the various species that the Gamer Gods had "up-lifted".

But I agree that "what happened to Ralf" is a loose end.

So saw today's comic (end of the story line).

So what happened to Ralf?  We see two others of his race with Eithne.  Would have thought we'd see him as one of the 2.  Did something happen to him during the Cush attack?  Did he not survive?  Surprised he wasn't mentioned or did I miss something.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

jmsr7 on November 11, 2017, 01:27:31 am
I believe Ralf got assimilated when Ethine had her conversation so he may well be dead by now (ripped apart by Murphy).

DrakBibliophile on November 11, 2017, 10:20:33 am
Well, if Ralf got assimilated, it was on the rogue Cush starship that "caught" him & Ethine not the Cush starship that Theo used as a Command starship.

Thus he wouldn't have been one of the Cush cyborgs that attacked Murphy.

Now, the cyborgs that he was fighting (the last we saw him) were under the direct control of the Gamer Gods so once the conversation with Ethine started, the cyborgs might have stopped fighting him.

Now he might have continued to attack the cyborgs but I also doubt that the Gamer Gods would care how many cyborgs he destroyed.

Of course, I could be wrong.  ;)

I believe Ralf got assimilated when Ethine had her conversation so he may well be dead by now (ripped apart by Murphy).

DrakBibliophile on November 11, 2017, 01:26:08 pm
I wonder just how long the conversation was from Ralf's POV.

IE It may have been a matter of seconds (as far as Ralf was concerned) between the time Ethine was "injected" and when Ethine recovered.

Time in Cyber-Space could be different than time in "normal space".

mariospants on November 14, 2017, 08:42:42 am
Let's be honest: from the practical eternity we spent watching Ralf and Ethnie languish in jail to the era the Alyss, Hugo and Murphy spent drinking from cups and doing pretty much nothing to advance the plot, the whole schmeizel got wrapped up ridiculously quickly.

Apollo-Soyuz on November 14, 2017, 03:07:54 pm
Well, if Ralf got assimilated, it was on the rogue Cush starship that "caught" him & Ethine not the Cush starship that Theo used as a Command starship.

Right. Gamer-gods will into existence another Cush ship, this one a Dodecahedron (I don't know if that's just to show that it's different or Scott got tired of drawing the complex one.) This "rogue" (un-rogue?) ship chased down Ralf and Ethine, and she was assimulated, and had the gamer-god chat.

She was "returned" to this vessel and was made "Cush Queen". Had Ralf been assimulated it's at this point where I assume Ethine would have free reign to free him.

Later on she beamed over to Theo's Cush, and any slaughtered Cush were from that ship.

Skull the Troll on November 16, 2017, 10:16:12 am
Let's be honest: from the practical eternity we spent watching Ralf and Ethnie languish in jail to the era the Alyss, Hugo and Murphy spent drinking from cups and doing pretty much nothing to advance the plot, the whole schmeizel got wrapped up ridiculously quickly.

Seriously. All of a sudden it was over.

Scott on November 19, 2017, 09:58:25 am
First, it's "Eithne."

Second, there is a story-within-a-story I'd intended to tell about Eithne and Ralf's adventures but the story was running too long. I hope to tell that story later, and when I do I'll go into what happens to Ralf after getting assimilated by the Cush.

wdg3rd on December 08, 2017, 09:10:44 pm

Seriously. All of a sudden it was over.

You're just starting page 17 of 18.  (The normal length of a 12 cent  32 page comic book).  Past schedule.  Deus ex machina.  Superman wins.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot