Rocketman on July 20, 2007, 01:30:03 am
While I was viewing this installment Bird's riding outfit for some reason reminded me of another 40's actor that I doubt few people
remember.  He usually played a villiain but on at least one occasion played the good guy in one of my favorite movies from back then.  Jeff King in "King of the Rocketmen".  His name was Tristan Coffin.   Any of you oldsters remember him?   ;D

rclocher3 on July 30, 2007, 07:35:53 pm
Hello all,

Sorry to not strictly follow the thread, but I'm a newbie and I'm not allowed to post new topics.

Anyway, in my browser, Opera 9.20, pages 452-3 don't work.  They do work with Internet Exploder, er Internet Explorer I mean.  I had a look at the page source, and I think that I see why: the "alt" text for the images on those pages contain double-quotes.  Considering that the alt text is itself delimited by double-quotes, I can see why some browsers might get confused.

Thanks to all the hardworking artists and other folks who made this wonderful comic possible!

Best regards,
- Rob

Frank Bieser on August 12, 2007, 03:06:16 pm
Anyway, in my browser, Opera 9.20, pages 452-3 don't work.  They do work with Internet Exploder, er Internet Explorer I mean.  I had a look at the page source, and I think that I see why: the "alt" text for the images on those pages contain double-quotes.  Considering that the alt text is itself delimited by double-quotes, I can see why some browsers might get confused.

Thanks for pointing this out Rob.  You are right, having double-quotes in the ALT tag creates a problem for some browsers.  As you may have noticed, we started putting the entire script in the ALT tags to help improve search engine positioning and as an "easter egg" to our loyal techie readers who explore page source (ala what the "Lost" folks did with their web site for Oceanic airlines).  We always try to remove the double-quotes, and obviously missed those.

I had received an email a week ago saying there were problems displaying the page, but without any detail, I failed to check it with a browser other than Firefox/Mozilla or IE.  Thanks for sleuthing this out and getting it posted.  The offending characters have been removed.  Please let me know if you see any other problems.

-- Frank