jmsr7 on August 04, 2017, 11:21:00 pm
Well in strip 1530 we have QV's versions of Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians and the Borg.

The Cush look "borg-like", I agree.

Edit: I'm going to wait for color, but the Cush look like a Borg/Cyberman/Dalek mix, (the last two from Dr. Who.)

The K'tangn seem to be a portmanteau of Star Trek's Klingons and Larry Niven's Kzinti.

Cush == Borg?  Even the name Cush is a simple transform from Borg.  Next letter, next vowel, next letter, next letter.

LOL i DID NOT SEE THAT, i was wondering how Scott came up with CUSH as their name.

Also, i noticed that Ralf looks like a cross between the Klingons and the Kzinti too.  Good choice for a 'Cat'-man.

Apollo-Soyuz on August 08, 2017, 07:31:50 pm
>Goon: Probably some neck-bearded geek from Frolix XIII.

http://quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1653

Our Friends from Frolix 8 by Philip K. Dick.

Scott on August 10, 2017, 09:00:17 am
>Goon: Probably some neck-bearded geek from Frolix XIII.

http://quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1653

Our Friends from Frolix 8 by Philip K. Dick.

Good catch.

Of course, OFFF8 is my least-favorite Philip K. Dick story. But the title stuck in my head for more than four decades.

Skull the Troll on August 25, 2017, 08:28:59 am
Strip 1666 has a Jabba the Hutt reference and also Howard the Duck, and maybe a Kzinti. Theo also attempts to eject the warp core which is a common Trek tactic. Worked about as well as it did in Star Trek too.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:30:53 am by Skull the Troll »

MTGradwell on September 28, 2017, 05:49:56 pm
Strip 1695: Resistance is futile.

Ming the Merciless on September 28, 2017, 11:04:21 pm

Coyoty on October 06, 2017, 12:59:49 am
Vulcan neck pinch!  Well, human nose bite...

Quinlan73 on October 06, 2017, 09:18:02 am

I was thinking more along the lines of Data's off switch, though I find it odd Hugo didn't even know about this vulnerability.

Sean Roach on October 06, 2017, 12:56:44 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of Data's off switch, though I find it odd Hugo didn't even know about this vulnerability.

What's to say he won't forget all about if when next he sleeps?

Imagine a scenario where every time an android wakes, it must be reminded of all its vulnerabilities by another android, as the very memory of all those secret vulnerabilities, or their use, is flushed during the first few minutes of sleep.

I mean besides the obvious that he remembered it long enough to relay it to Nicole, of course.

UncleRice on October 10, 2017, 09:32:50 am
Ethnie's current outfit resembles Sailor Moon outfits. Having Sailor moon in charge of the Borg Cush is an... interesting Idea.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Redwood Elf on October 10, 2017, 10:32:06 am
Ethnie's current outfit resembles Sailor Moon outfits. Having Sailor moon in charge of the Borg Cush is an... interesting Idea.

"In the name of the Cush...I will PUNISH you!

Skull the Troll on October 13, 2017, 11:02:47 am

Eithine built Hugo and relatively recently at that. Though it is remarkable that with his famous levels of paranoia he didn't do a thorough systems check after waking up.

Sean Roach on October 13, 2017, 12:52:17 pm

Eithine built Hugo and relatively recently at that. Though it is remarkable that with his famous levels of paranoia he didn't do a thorough systems check after waking up.

Eithne built Hugo v2.0b, and completed the activation of Hugo v2.0a.
Hugo v2.0 didn't recognize her, although he presumably met her at some point, back when she was around six.
But you are right. Hugos version 2.0, 2.0a, and 2.0b have all been lax in doing a proper evaluation of their in-built vulnerabilities. Especially as Hugo 2.0 was a direct successor to one of Seamus's bailout plans that led to Murphy 2.0.

anything