Coyoty on September 15, 2017, 01:35:56 am
"I told you my name wasn't important."

BryanP on September 15, 2017, 08:03:09 am
Meh.  I've never understood the appeal of the whole pepe / kek thing.  It's childish and annoying.  And that's from someone who generally enjoys childish things.  Hopefully this part doesn't last long.

Skull the Troll on September 15, 2017, 09:17:52 am
The author is Libertarian not alt-right. I'm pretty sure this is another bad-guy, both from the presentation, but also his general attitude. I seriously doubt he would present so racist and bigoted an image as a good guy.

Redwood Elf on September 15, 2017, 09:19:10 am
Meh.  I've never understood the appeal of the whole pepe / kek thing.  It's childish and annoying.  And that's from someone who generally enjoys childish things.  Hopefully this part doesn't last long.

Well it's a nerd thing. World of Warcraft players know it's simply "LOL" filtered through the game's "What Alliance hears when Horde players talk" translator. it has nothing whatsoever to do with the "Alt Right" and everything to do with internet trolls.

So I'm guessing that if a Horde player says "Borg" in WoW, it comes out "Cush?"

UncleRice on September 15, 2017, 09:28:38 am
I'm getting the impression that this galaxy is a giant video game all of the sudden. Sort of Like STO, only not.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Skull the Troll on September 15, 2017, 06:31:27 pm

Well it's a nerd thing. World of Warcraft players know it's simply "LOL" filtered through the game's "What Alliance hears when Horde players talk" translator. it has nothing whatsoever to do with the "Alt Right" and everything to do with internet trolls.

No its not a WoW thing (though the Kek acronym originated there) its actually hate crime stuff. https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/05/08/what-kek-explaining-alt-right-deity-behind-their-meme-magic
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:33:10 pm by Skull the Troll »

Apollo-Soyuz on September 15, 2017, 08:16:50 pm
its actually hate crime stuff.

I had a comment up a few hours earlier that I  decided against publishing.

The last line was something to the effect of "not drinking the SPLC Flavor Aid"

I expect SPLC to condemn anti-F.A. around when the ACLU calls for the repeal of the Gun Control Act of 1968

BryanP on September 16, 2017, 08:06:51 am

Oh, I know about that.  I played WoW from shortly after it came out until late 2009.  I've been clean for 8 years!   ;D

It's just that I've noticed a strong correlation between people who run around typing kek and posting frog pics and .. well ... people who are schmucks that personify this comic:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

UncleRice on September 16, 2017, 10:33:18 am
its actually hate crime stuff.
Based on my experiences of interacting with the cult of Kek, they are primarily an anti-left, anti Muslim group that sometimes confuses culture with genetics, but is only mildly racist at worst. They would ave been perfectly ok with a Ben Carson or Sheriff David Clarke type individual.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Sigurther on September 16, 2017, 10:46:56 am

No its not a WoW thing (though the Kek acronym originated there) its actually hate crime stuff. https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/05/08/what-kek-explaining-alt-right-deity-behind-their-meme-magic

No, it isn't 'hate crime stuff', regardless of the alt right nitwits who tried to adopt it. It's troll culture, in a nutshell, and not just trolling liberals (though, admittedly, they are the easiest amongst the internet denizens to troll), but also trolling  far right and 'alt right'. Case in point: https://www.reddit.com/r/kekistan/comments/6kpq2a/new_flag_to_trigger_far_right_and_far_left_even/

More to the point, it's pushback against the narrative of anyone who thinks they have the right to force everyone else to comply with their views. No surprise SPLC would condemn it as 'hate buzzword of the day', they only see the alt-righttards that tried to adopt it, even as more of them despise it because *gasp* adherents to the mentality of Kek are more diverse than they are given credit for, and a quick youtube search would demonstrate that, if anyone could be bothered to challenge their deep seated beleifs that they are right and everyone else is a nazi.

For further reading, and I'm sure this will get some flak, feel free to take a look at this video by Sargon of Akkaad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXwkD-KgLg

The true 'Kekistani' people are black, white, asian, hispanic, male, female, straight, gay, bi, cis, trans and anyone else who feels like the status quo that's currently being forced on them is bullshit, and needs to be called out for it.

As for what Scott intends to do with Framduniparlokek, we'll see. Hopefully it'll be a witty commentary on the 'shitlord uprising', and not just another blanket denouncement of it as 'hate speech'.

BryanP on September 16, 2017, 04:33:32 pm
It's troll culture, in a nutshell, and not just trolling liberals (though, admittedly, they are the easiest amongst the internet denizens to troll), but also trolling  far right and 'alt right'. Case in point: https://www.reddit.com/r/kekistan/comments/6kpq2a/new_flag_to_trigger_far_right_and_far_left_even/

And there is the problem.  Trolling isn't a culture.  Trolling is just a bunch of people finding yet another excuse to be jerks.

sehlat on September 18, 2017, 12:19:52 am
@redwoodelf:
"So I'm guessing that if a Horde player says "Borg" in WoW, it comes out "Cush?""

Actually, the letters are just translated one  notch B->C, O->U (Next vowel), R->S, G->H

And THAT's a flare-lit tip-off if I've ever seen one.

lee n. field on September 18, 2017, 08:32:25 am

SPLC is not what I'd consider a credible source on "hate".

Redwood Elf on September 18, 2017, 10:22:51 am
Anti left? odd, since the founder (British Youbuter Sargon of Akkad) is a big time leftie.

The biggest troll moment I've seen from Kekistan so far is when an idiot reporter mistook the Kekistani flag (which has the letters "KEK" on it twice) for the Ku Kux Klan flag. I guess he never learned how to spell "KKK?"

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqjq1DZIHE for further information
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:21:41 pm by Redwood Elf »

Scott on September 19, 2017, 07:37:24 am
The author is Libertarian not alt-right. I'm pretty sure this is another bad-guy, both from the presentation, but also his general attitude. I seriously doubt he would present so racist and bigoted an image as a good guy.

How can a cartoon green frog be a "racist and bigoted image"?

This isn't Pepé. And I guaran-damn-tee that Richard Spencer is not going to pop out from behind a curtain.

What I'm doing here is cultural appropriation.

anything