DrakBibliophile on September 09, 2017, 08:51:18 am
http://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1679

I've joked about this galaxy being the playground of "Q", but I've gotten another idea.

First of all, I don't think Theo is Hugo #1 (the first to visit this galaxy) as Theo would have mentioned what happened Hugo 2 & Murphy 2 (or at least Scott would have "had" him mention them).

In strip 1444, there's mention of a potential Wolf-Rayet collapsar.

I'm suspecting that it was "already" occurred and Hugo 1 decided to investigate it close up.  Note, remember that we see the hyper-nova from 12,000 light-years away so it could have already occurred.

So Hugo 1 (and Murphy 1) get too close to the collapsar and get thrown into the remote past.

Once they get into the remote past, they can't return home (not wanting to mess with their history) but stay in this galaxy.

G*d only knows what super-science a "mad" scientist could develop over an infinite life-span.

If something happens to Murphy 1, then Hugo 1 is also all alone and developed the abilities of a god & a god-complex.

Hugo 1 may have meddled with the potential life-forms in this galaxy and created a Star-Trek galaxy.

To Hugo 1, this galaxy & its peoples are something to play with and the "later" expeditions were also something to play with.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on September 11, 2017, 07:56:39 pm

First of all, I don't think Theo is Hugo #1 (the first to visit this galaxy) as Theo would have mentioned what happened Hugo 2 & Murphy 2 (or at least Scott would have "had" him mention them).

It's a big galaxy and there is plenty of room to miss each other.

DrakBibliophile on September 11, 2017, 08:58:43 pm
What are the odds that Theo "just happened" to find our heroes?  ;)

It's a big galaxy and there is plenty of room to miss each other.

Scott on September 12, 2017, 07:11:50 am

Theo found them because they engaged a transwarp conduit drive. The nature of the conduits is such that a sensitive observer with sufficient sources of input (such as the "king" of the Cush") can detect any use thereof.

DrakBibliophile on September 12, 2017, 10:07:55 pm
And I'm sure that you'd have just a good reason for our heroes finding the missing pair (assuming that my idea is bunk).  ;)

Theo found them because they engaged a transwarp conduit drive. The nature of the conduits is such that a sensitive observer with sufficient sources of input (such as the "king" of the Cush") can detect any use thereof.

anything