KBCraig on January 22, 2008, 12:02:56 pm
should be required[/s[suggested reading

;)

Redem on January 22, 2008, 05:57:11 pm
Well only right wing nuts job seem to oppose her (and fail to), maybe against a cynical leftist would be interesting

Anyway it's nice to know one of her primary source is a book mainly about how to keep power

Well I was force to read animal house in school but not that early, but most people in my classes didn't like it and I think that because they couldn't put it in context
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:20:06 pm by Redem »

aditantimedh on January 23, 2008, 11:17:02 am
Leftists generally aren't organised enough to oppose her.  Besides, they believe she's on their side.

And she's read lots of books, so she doesn't have a primary text for what she does.  She also draws on her own experiences as an activist and using the media.

Redem on January 23, 2008, 12:12:34 pm
Well the tagline "Love her, Fear her" does come from the prince so I kinda assume it's in someway influential

Well not all left-wing must be on her side anyway, I mean there is as much ideological diversity in a political spectrum as they are individual therefore they must be some leftist, that would oppose (I for one would)

Cause in a way she doesn't really assure a viable system she pretty much concentrate everything on herself, therefore if she reach all her goals if she's taken out of the equation the whole thing crumble, which in a way doesn't show she really have somekind of empathy or really care about the fate of mankind in general, it's more that she put the world in the way she want for herself

Rocketman on January 23, 2008, 01:39:09 pm
Well, today's episode showing Susan getting shot in the back shows to the world that she is indeed vulnerable.  The news of this is going to be on every major network by the end of the day.  Now everyone badguy and girl is going to be gunning for her.  This is going to get interesting.   ;D

aditantimedh on January 23, 2008, 01:48:45 pm
Susan does have a strategy for fixing the world and then not making it dependent on her.

However, it depends on her having her powers for longer than she has so far.

Rocketman on January 24, 2008, 02:38:27 pm
I'm sure that she DID have a plan before her parents "grounded" her.  But there's an old saying that I think came from Napoleon "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." that is appropriate in this case.  ;D

Redem on January 24, 2008, 07:59:22 pm
I wonder if anyone did something like she doing to Earth in her original alien society

wdg3rd on January 24, 2008, 09:54:39 pm
I wonder if anyone did something like she doing to Earth in her original alien society

The Latin version of that original invasion is "Fiat lux".
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

anything