Frank Bieser on June 28, 2007, 08:53:55 am
La Muse, the smart-and-sexy superhero-celebrity parody, will go into a six-week Summer Re-Run schedule starting July 2.

"Unforeseen circumstances have delayed art production to the point that we cannot maintain the current upload schedule without some sort of break," explained Scott Bieser, general director for the publisher.

"So to give the art team time to catch up, we are going to take the pages down and re-upload them again on an accelerated schedule, from 10 to 12 pages each week. This will give new readers a chance to get into the story from the beginning and existing readers a chance to review some elements from early in the story which are going to become more important as the story develops." he said.

New La Muse material will resume on the Big Head Press website August 13, with the launch of La Muse: Season Two."

Rocketman on June 28, 2007, 01:12:46 pm
Frank:
     Does that mean then that La Muse and Time Peepers will both be ending at about the same time then?  If it does have you made preparations to address this?  ;D

Frank Bieser on June 28, 2007, 07:59:12 pm
Frank:
     Does that mean then that La Muse and Time Peepers will both be ending at about the same time then?  If it does have you made preparations to address this?  ;D

Hard to say how close they'll end.   Who knows, there could always be a "Season 3". ;-)

Propertarian02 on July 02, 2007, 10:56:23 am
Quite frankly, this is  terrible disappointment. La Muse was one of the reason I awoke on a Monday morning. As with the Vid networks, I don't know it I'll even remember in 2-3 months that the 'Show' was on. I'll have moved on to something else. Oh well, vote with you feet (or cursor, as the case may be.). Good Luck in the Future.

Frank Bieser on July 02, 2007, 03:32:26 pm
Quite frankly, this is  terrible disappointment. La Muse was one of the reason I awoke on a Monday morning. As with the Vid networks, I don't know it I'll even remember in 2-3 months that the 'Show' was on. I'll have moved on to something else. Oh well, vote with you feet (or cursor, as the case may be.). Good Luck in the Future.

Please check back in 6 weeks (8/13) for new pages.  We'll be sending an announcement to remind folks too.

Frank75 on August 12, 2007, 09:07:17 pm
This rerun sucks.  >:(

Frank Bieser on August 12, 2007, 10:19:23 pm
This rerun sucks.  >:(

Well, the good news is, that starting at midnite tonight, new pages of La Muse will begin.  Chapter 7: Lifestyles Of The NC-17.  We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the new stuff.

KBCraig on January 14, 2008, 04:49:10 am
I've been obsessively reading LaMuse and Roswell (six days a week of goodness!), and now that Roswell has ended, I'm looking forward to Time Peeper.

I have to ask: when is the artwork going to catch up with the storyline in LaMuse? The finished art in the early chapters is exquisite, but the rough blobs in the later work robs us of so much facial expression.

I look forward to buying the dead tree version, someday.

Redem on January 18, 2008, 08:49:14 pm
Maybe Susan should read the Squadron Supreme mini-serie

aditantimedh on January 18, 2008, 10:54:00 pm
Susan doesn't read comic books, least of all crappy Marvel comics.

Redem on January 19, 2008, 08:38:59 am
Yea but it's about super heroe decing to take over the world to build utopia

aditantimedh on January 20, 2008, 08:48:26 pm
Why would Susan - or anyone in their right mind - learn about taking over the world by reading a crappy superhero comic? 

She's better off reading Machiavelli's THE PRINCE.  Which she did back in college.

Rocketman on January 20, 2008, 10:32:30 pm
aditantimedh:
     I have to very reluctantly agree.  If you ever run into someone that is so naive that they need a wake up call on how the world really works that is probably the best book that you can get them to read.  Don't criticize comic books to much though.  As an old comic book collector I used to have over 14,000 at one point
and I did learn a lot from reading them, influencing my later adult life.  The X-men for example taught tolerance for other people that were different than you were.  Growing up in the part of the country that I come from that meant something.

aditantimedh on January 21, 2008, 12:34:32 am
Oh, I love good comic books, and superhero comics can teach certain important fundamental humanist values.  I just have no threshold for bad ones that are cynically or badly written.

Rocketman on January 21, 2008, 07:23:46 pm
I just thought of another excellent book that I think should be required reading sometime around the 4th or 5th grade when they're old enough to understand the world, Orwell's "Animal Farm".  ;D